Flowerhorn In A 75g Tank?

Seth15

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello @shiv234, I have personally never kept a flowerhorn cichlid before but I was very interested at one point in getting one as well. I did a lot of research and everywhere I read, it said the minimum tank size for a full grown flowerhorn cichlid was a standard 75 gallon aquarium.

Maybe actual flowerhorn cichlid keepers can add there opinions as well and maybe even correct this information if wrong.

shiv234

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello @shiv234, I have personally never kept a flowerhorn cichlid before but I was very interested at one point in getting one as well. I did a lot of research and everywhere I read, it said the minimum tank size for a full grown flowerhorn cichlid was a standard 75 gallon aquarium.

Maybe actual flowerhorn cichlid keepers can add there opinions as well and maybe even correct this information if wrong.
i actually have one in a 180g by himself but i want a smaller tank since i can't keep the 180g in my room anymore

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
75 should be enough, but 100+ is my recommendation.

They are a very personable fish though so I think it would be a fun fish to keep in your room.

shiv234

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I saw a really beautiful 4 inch flowerhorn at my LFS. I had an empty 29 that I was planning on using as a growout until I could get a 75.

Then, I saw that he was $600.
lol...i bought mines for 1500 in TTD which is about 220 USD

shiv234

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, I was under the impression that you were new to flowerhorn cichlids.

I guess @75g Discus Tank agrees that a 75 is sufficient.
ohhh no...i got a couple years experience with one however that is with a massive tank and not a small one

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think a 75g is good, it has the depth for it to grow and turn. I think you should be fine.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom