Flowerhorn And Pleco

Discussion in 'Flowerhorn Cichlid' started by bruh, Apr 19, 2018.

1. bruhValued MemberMember

If I were to put a juvenile flowerhorn in a 75 gallon tank with a juvenile Goldie Pleco, would they be able to live together? The pleco would have caves.

2. Iverg1Well Known MemberMember

The flowerhorn might attack pleco maybe take pleco and put him in a plastic bag (with water) and put him in the tank if the flowerhorn starts to act aggressive keep the pleco in his own tank

3. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn’t risk it. Flowerhorns can be vicious fish, even worse then Oscars.

4. McasellaFishlore VIPMember

It depends on the fish, I have a flowerhorn currently that was housed with several other, smaller, cichlids and nine other bottom dwellers including a rhino pleco. However he is an outlier for behavior even stated by other people I have talked to about him.
    Give the pleco many places to hide and get away from the flowerhorn until you can determine the flowerhorn's personality to see if the pleco is safe (this means you will have to be watching and noting the way the fish act, if they eat well, and if you see signs of the flowerhorn being aggressive).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice