Flower Pots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasoldier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep, as long as you make sure they're made from inert clay, I use them in my tank as caves for my bottom dwellers not had any problems from them.

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I also use them in my tanks. Just make sure they're clean first.

I have heard of fish trying so swim through the holes in the bottom of them and getting stuck or scratched. None of mine have ever got stuck from doing this but I think my dojo loach got scratched by trying this. I've left them in though. It's his own stupidity lol but something to be aware of.

OP
Gup1er8a81e5

Gup1er8a81e5

Reaction score
Be sure to use plain, unpainted, unglazed ones.
Ok

I also use them in my tanks. Just make sure they're clean first.

I have heard of fish trying so swim through the holes in the bottom of them and getting stuck or scratched. None of mine have ever got stuck from doing this but I think my dojo loach got scratched by trying this. I've left them in though. It's his own stupidity lol but something to be aware of.
Should I plug the bottoms on smooth it with sand paper

Last edited by a moderator:

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Covering the bottom would work but if you have big fish (that wouldn't even try to squeeze through) or very small fish (that would definitely fit through then you don't need to worry. I've had those pots in the tank for years and that one dojo is the only one dumb enough to have done it, my other dojo has never tried.

OP
Gup1er8a81e5

Gup1er8a81e5

Reaction score
Covering the bottom would work but if you have big fish (that wouldn't even try to squeeze through) or very small fish (that would definitely fit through then you don't need to worry. I've had those pots in the tank for years and that one dojo is the only one dumb enough to have done it, my other dojo has never tried.
Ok thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom