Flower pots as decor?

supanova

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have seen lots of people use flower pots for decor, I really like it and want to know what kind to get or what makes them safe.

Jojofish

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Flower pots can be used as decor but they are usually used for breeding egg layers. I would recommend just washing and soaking them.

Tonia

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Use Terra cotta pots with no paint on them. They are the ones that tend to work best for most fish tanks.

You can find them at Michael's craft store, most dollar stores have them, sometimes Walmart or other stores with plant supplies.

Bijou88

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I did the same with my little terra cotta pots, just rinse well and put in the tank.

mikerox29

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have heard that you need to get the un-glazed pots to avoid leaching but may not be 100% accurate

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just the plain clay pots you can buy at any garden center, home depot, walmart, loews, craft stores ect. Rinse and drop in the tank. Alison

Tonia

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have heard that you need to get the un-glazed pots to avoid leaching but may not be 100% accurate
Right, some paints and glazes are toxic. Make sure the pots don't have a shiny coating or a decorative coating. The plain ones will be a basic orangey tan color.

supanova

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for all the help guys small be making a Home Depot grip this weekend

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom