Florida flagfish questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskiesandfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Was wondering how aggressive these fish are? or if the paradise fish would work better.. Considering them for a 75 gallon coldwater tank, but unsure if they fit the stock list.

Golden dojo loach
Port hoplo catfish
zebra danio
golden white clouds

Last edited:

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They can be a little nasty with their own kind, but other fish the males will simply chase out of their territory. Some individuals can get nippy, but that might be if there aren't enough of their kind in the tank.

To be honest, the last time I kept these in a community tank was 1967. I normally put them in a species tank for breeding these days.

OP
H

Huskiesandfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ive seen both sides for both fish, the flagfish and paradise fish, being ok or very nasty. must depend on the particular fish you get

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would say 2-3 males and 2-3 females per male. The species is territorial, males protect a patch of plants usually and breed with the females when they come around. They are more vegetarian than your tropical Killifish, and are known to eat hair algae.

Why was a Killifish thread moved to the Cyprinids?

OP
H

Huskiesandfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
No Idea, I'm hesitant to try them if they are aggressive though, dont want my bottom dwellers beat up if they get close. when I go to actually do it I may change my mind if I learn more later Thanks though! I know a ratio of 1:3 though like most gouramis etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Weekly

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 14 17.9%

Top Bottom