Flooding in Tennessee

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Typical Tennessee spring with tornado warnings, rain, thunder and lightening.
What was really unusual is they closed two main interstates due to flooding.

Here's a short video of some of the coverage I watched live.
When the news coverage started, all the cars you see underwater at the top of the screen were stopped but not underwater.
The water rose so quickly, the cars started floating, people jumped out of their cars over the interstate barrier into the south bound lane of I-24, which hadn't been flooded yet.
Some cars and trucks were still traveling that part of the interstate. In the video, that part of the interstate is underwater also.
Scary stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5gYhLKwSp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKhIuQoRNR4

Please include the people effected in your prayers.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh wow! It's just one disaster after another it seems.

Stay safe and dry Lucy!

Ken

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We've had severe storms, tornadoes and high winds two days in a row. Yesterdays storms seemed to follow the same path as the one the days before and it's still cloudy and hot(80F) here today. Being this warm this early in the year seems to fuel severe storms in this part of the country.
We've had quite a lot of flooding also. AHHHHH spring in Arkansas. Nothing like it
Lucy stay safe and keep us posted on how you are doing.
Carol

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks everone. That's all pretty north of me.
Luckily my area isn't effected as badly. The back roads are flooded, but thats kind of normal around here.

We've got some wind now, no rain at the moment.

MikeNTX

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I hear of flash flood warnings and low water crossing...BUT MERCY! Pretty wild stuff...and fast!

taylorbrettj

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I am right in the middle of it in West Tennessee... I live east of Jackson, and I've been stranded at my boyfriend's house here in Jackson since Friday... There are roads out, flooded neighborhoods, destroyed bridges, and sinkholes everywhere. It's insane. My friend lives in a neighborhood that is centered around several lakes... Yesterday the dams broke and all of the water drained out of the lakes and left nothing but big, empty spaces where the lakes once were... her neighborhood is basically ruined.

Edit: Attached are pictures from Jackson, TN, except the first one from Lexington, TN (where I live )

Attachments

Last edited:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Stay safe Taylor!
I heard it was bad out your way.
Our cable has been out all afternoon so I haven't had any news updates.
Can't be good though.
It started raining here again a few hours ago. I've got my scanner on and it sounds like a lot of roads are flooded in my area.

taylorbrettj

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thank you Lucy. I finally made it home to find that the lake in the middle of my town has overflowed over the dam and is only a few feet away from flowing all into Lexington... It's a mess!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My brother -in -law lives in Thompkinsville Ky and they are flooding out, one of the dams broke and water is everywhere. They saw a tornado go over but it didn't touch down. They live on a hill and the water is up to the bottom but it's still raining.
Everybody stay safe and dry.
Carol

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow, it's just a mess, isn't it?
I hope the rain stops soon. Even then, the run off will keep the rivers and creeks over their banks.

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It didnt get too bad out here where i am other than a bit in our basement/garage. Did have a bunch of people I know get stranded in nashville though, we only got 18" out here in dickson county

Last edited:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Glad to hear you're safe Tommy.

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am in East Tennessee and it's just hitting here tonight. A storm just ended and I here thunder again. They are saying it shouldn't be as bad here as in West Tennessee, I sure hope they are right.

Thank goodness that you all are ok. Please keep all of the people effected by this line of storms in your thoughts tonight.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom