Floating Vertical

AnimeStar4

So for a couple days I have noticed one of my bettas floating nose up. i heard it might be a swim bladder issue so i will fast him for a few days and see if anything changes, I didnt test the water yet but I dont feel thats the issue because i have 2 bettas in that tank with a divider and the other one is normal. is it possible thats just how he sleeps? he seems normal aside from that, swims normally when he does.

Bruinfishkeeper1

This same thing happened to my Betta (well my friends but I was going to breed him with my female). It was either dropsy or swim bladder disease. Did your fish have a disease prior to this? What's the tank size and what's your feeding schedule/what do you feed.

Upvote 0

AnimeStar4

This same thing happened to my Betta (well my friends but I was going to breed him with my female). It was either dropsy or swim bladder disease. Did your fish have a disease prior to this? What's the tank size and what's your feeding schedule/what do you feed.

he hasnt had any issues before and I usually feed about three pellets once a day. its possible I over fed the other day though because I didnt have time to take the lid off and tried the feeding flap that came with the tank, its terrible and I will never use it again. also its a 5 gallon tank with a divider so 2.5 gallons each.

20210525_233231_HDR.jpgthis is what he looks like regardless of the log. picture isnt as good as I would like because he kept moving but while I was watching him to take this it seems like hes fighting sinking.

Upvote 0

heybreeezy

Epsom salt baths have always worked with me. I had a Betta who was a tank jumper and one day I was cleaning his tank when I first got him and found him on the floor twice. And he never had that problem until that day. So I'm guessing he developed it from jumping anyways I used to give him Epsom salt bath like every other day when I noticed that he would start getting a little wonky. I would just let him soak in a bowl of salt water and a little 5 watt flat heater until he use the bathroom. And then I would acclimate him back to his tank water and he would be perfectly fine until the next time. Because I'm also an over feeder. But at the same time I will go a day or so of not feeding when I noticed that there is not enough poop at the bottom of the tank LOL

Upvote 0

AnimeStar4

What are your water parameters..? Like ammonia, nitrite, nitrates, Ph..?

I didnt have time to test before i left for work and posted at work. when I took the picture I tested and everything came back where it should be, barely reading if at all. i didnt test PH because that always runs high for me so even if that dropped it would still be in a good range.

Upvote 0

MyFishAddiction

I didnt have time to test before i left for work and posted at work. when I took the picture I tested and everything came back where it should be, barely reading if at all. i didnt test PH because that always runs high for me so even if that dropped it would still be in a good range.
To best help you, we need actual numbers.

Upvote 0

alven

What are you using to test, and like what are the exact parameters, if I may ask..?

Also, it's not always about being in a good range. It's about having a stable Ph for the certain fish you're keeping. The Ph scale is logarithmic. A level of 6 is 10 times more acidic than that of a 7 and 100 times more acidic than that of an 8.

I'm not saying that those are your level(s) but I'm just giving an example. In essence, Ph swings can drastically affect fish when it swings by too much.

Upvote 0

AnimeStar4

What are you using to test, and like what are the exact parameters, if I may ask..?

Also, it's not always about being in a good range. It's about having a stable Ph for the certain fish you're keeping. The Ph scale is logarithmic. A level of 6 is 10 times more acidic than that of a 7 and 100 times more acidic than that of an 8.

I'm not saying that those are your level(s) but I'm just giving an example. In essence, Ph swings can drastically affect fish when it swings by too much.

I use the API master test kit. its really hard to give exact numbers when they only give certain color codes. my best guess would be 0, 0, and 0.2 for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. my ph is about 8.3

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Macandcheesequeen
Replies
Views
Valleriani
Replies
Views
LiviLuvsBettas
Replies