floating stringy white stuff

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Tuufy, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Tuufy

TuufyValued MemberMember

I set up a hospital tank in a 5 gal tank for a blood fin tetra that had a fungus growing on his back, I put him in the tank with his 2 other friends one of which also looked like he was developing fungus.

Used old tank water from other tank, didnt put in carbon filter, treated with maroxy.

I have just done day 5 treatment and noticed white floating stringy stuff in the tank, I have taken the one ornament that was in there out and put it to one side for when I do the water change in the main tank so I can clean it with that water.

What is this white floating stringy stuff?

Having done treatment for 5 days tomorrow I do a 50% water change then put the carbon filter in and keep the fish in the hospital tank for how long?

I think I read somewhere on the site at one time that I should keep them in there for 2 more weeks but now I cant find the article I was reading (which was a while ago)..................

2. Dino

DinoFishlore VIPMember

Probably feces.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice