Floating Plants

Kyleena696

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey guys,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm not sure where else. I've been trying for nearly a year to get some floating plants (in in central Alberta).

I'd really like some water lettuce, but I'd be willing to settle for some frogbit or something similar.

If anyone has any they'd be willing to sell, or could point me in the right direction of a store/online retailer that would be awesome!
Thanks in advance!

jess3434

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm not sure if you have them in Alberta, we have them in Ontario but Big Al's is where I got my floating plants.

OP
Kyleena696

Kyleena696

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
We have one or two but they never seem to have any floating plants when I'm there. I've only been able to find hornwort at petsmart.

J.Ho

Reaction score
I think I got some frogbit from a friend in Edmonton recently. (bigger leaf than duckweed) I only have a little for now though. I am pretty sure he got it here in Edmonton, so you could try Big Al's after the weather gets nice. If mine actually grows and propagates, I will let you know.

OP
Kyleena696

Kyleena696

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
J.Ho said:
I think I got some frogbit from a friend in Edmonton recently. (bigger leaf than duckweed) I only have a little for now though. I am pretty sure he got it here in Edmonton, so you could try Big Al's after the weather gets nice. If mine actually grows and propagates, I will let you know.
Awesome, thanks! Any idea if it's sold in the tanks or in the "1-2-grow" cups?

jess3434

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Kyleena696 said:
Awesome, thanks! Any idea if it's sold in the tanks or in the "1-2-grow" cups?
I bought mine in a cup used for bettas, the first time I went I totally missed them because I expected them to be in the tank.

J.Ho

Reaction score
I saw some at Big Al's in Edmonton today in the little cups. Almost bought some but I want to see if the ones I got by accident survive first.

OP
Kyleena696

Kyleena696

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
J.Ho said:
I saw some at Big Al's in Edmonton today in the little cups. Almost bought some but I want to see if the ones I got by accident survive first.
Were they Limnobium laevigatum? I picked some up on Wednesday, they're doing really good so far! Growing new leaves and the roots are quite long

New Threads