Floating Plant Recommendations

UnknownUser

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 20 high that just got some honey gouramis. One corner of my tank specifically has low flow because the HOB and sponge are on the other side of the tank. I have a lid. I’m in search of a single large plant with decent roots for my male gourami to bubble nest in and in general for my fish to enjoy. I need something that is okay with wet leaves and that won’t be extremely messy and a hassle if it gets pushed under water by my HOB. Any options?

greengoddess

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Water lettuce, but corral it away from the hob in a loop of air tubing anchored either looped around something, or to the side with a suction cup. I also just got some parrot feather (?) from work: stems/roots long enough to anchor to the bottom, fluffy foliage that reaches beyond the top of the water. My bettas love it as much as they do the water lettuce. Re., the water lettuce, if your lighting is good, it'll multiply like crazy. Get ready to share or toss. I transfer my excess into my tanks that have not so great lighting, and always have enough to replace once those start breaking down.

greengoddess

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Just read a thread that recs fishing line thru the tubing, taped to the outside vs suction cups. Makes sense, re., fluctuating water levels.

OP
UnknownUser

UnknownUser

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
V
greengoddess said:
Just read a thread that recs fishing line thru the tubing, taped to the outside vs suction cups. Makes sense, re., fluctuating water levels.
very smart. I plan on doing that whenever I settle on a plant!

New Threads