Floating Fake Plants

Theulli

HI all,
Question for you how I'd like to liven up the top of my tank a bit, but I haven't had much luck finding fake plants that either float (and trail downward into the water) or perhaps attach to the side other tank.

Anyone seen these and able to provide some links?

Thanks!

Fishy McGee

Are you wanting to stick with artificial or would you like live?

Blueskies

Where do you live?

david1978

They don't really hang down but they float. I believe they are called breeding grass.

Theulli

I unfortunately don't have much (any) light to offer a real plant due to the tank location, if I could find something that basically never needs sunlight and won't need constant management so it won't take over the tank, I'd be more than happy to get one

david1978

Both of our links are for fake plants.

Theulli

Thanks all, those are a couple ideas I'll look at. If anyone has a recommendation for a super low light natural plant that would fit this description would be interested too

Fishy McGee

Duckweed (quite a pain to rid of once started) and java moss (must be checked to prevent overgrowth)

georgelee1000

I don’t like duckweed tbh. It grows and clumps my filter. I do have an intake sponge, but my filter also has a surface skimmer.

Java moss can be floating, but not strictly. I usually put them in my shrimp tanks. They are good.

I strongly recommend water lettuce. Very good looking. Easy to take care of. And they suck up your nitrate like a miracle worker.
IMG_0901.JPG

Theulli

Thanks again all - I ended up going with a bit of an off the wall solution. I went out and bought a leafy silk plant and glued the base to the aquarium lid. It got me pretty much exactly the overhung 'jungly' look I was going for - now we'll just see how long it takes me to get annoyed at the plant moving when I take the lid off

CanadianFishFan

Big Als has this tasty plant I love!
(Yell at me in 4hours when I get home and can take a picture and find the brand)
Or I took my gecko plant and chopped it up.

4LmCEl85dBIXmrWGdM2SjMWBUtjchiOPc-Wg7p3Z5Bg7K5P8uGza5usOyo_Pj1yy-4uFO1l8x3hy9nSI-XC=w344-h610-no.jpg

Skavatar

I would like to see how it looks in the tank

CanadianFishFan

Found it!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
VSA
  • Question
Replies
Views
Highlander88