Floating Betta Pellets

WrenFeenix

I currently give my betta NLS Therea A+ micro pellets, but my betta will only eat floating food and it’s a sinking food. My betta has huge fins that makes it hard to swim for long, so I have a floating log with a hole on top for him, and I think he would prefer to lay in the log and eat, but he will not eat off the floor of the log. I do stand there and drop the pellets in one at a time, but he still misses some of them and I don’t always have time to meticulously feed him.

What good-quality floating pellets are there? Like floating only; not the type that floats and then sinks. Some other threads recommended Hikari Bio Gold, but I would like to know what else is out there.
Do the Omega One and NLS betta pellets permanently float?

BigManAquatics

Xtreme betta pellets, omega one betta pellets, i know at least float for a couple minutes before they sink

Upvote 0

betta06

fluval bug bites! they float for at least 5 minutes so it should be fine.... all my bettas love them

Upvote 0

RayClem

Fish foods can normally be found in three types: floating, slow-sinking, and sinking. Because of their upturned mouths, bettas normally prefer floating foods, whether flakes or pellets.

Also, pellets come in a variety of sizes. Bettas have farly small mouths, so if you use pellets, then need to be small enough to fit in their mouths. Even some pellets sold for bettas can be somewhat large.
One thing you might find helpful is using a feeder ring to corral the food so the betta can locate it more easily. This also protects the food from currents that cause it to sink more rapidly. You can purchase feeder rings, but it is easy to make a floating triangle from three plastic straws designed with corrugations for bending. A little silicone sealant can be used to seal the joints.

Upvote 0

sairving

I fed my previous betta Northfin Betta Bits. They're small pellets and mostly float. My current betta is too small for the Northfin right now.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BVUBeavers
Replies
Views
cichlidL
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank What to feed my fish
Replies
Views