Flip Aquatics Shrimp Unboxing And Babies

-Mak-

A couple weeks ago I ordered some red cherries from Flip Aquatics for my planted desktop fluval spec. I ordered 10, they sent extras too, but sadly 2 died over the next 24 hours, perhaps due to acclimation. However, Flip Aquatics has really strict quarantining procedures, so they were my top choice. Couldn't be happier!

Now, I have shrimplets since that berried one above successfully hatched her eggs

MaximumRide14

Nice! Do you think that Flip Aquatics has a high grade? I want to start a shrimp colony, but I would need to sell some to an LFS once there are too many. Do you think that fish stores would take some?
Sorry for all the questions lol. I wanted to start with Bloody Marys, but they are so expensive, especially from Flip Aquatics! I want to make sure they are worth it

-Mak-

Nice! Do you think that Flip Aquatics has a high grade? I want to start a shrimp colony, but I would need to sell some to an LFS once there are too many. Do you think that fish stores would take some?
Sorry for all the questions lol. I wanted to start with Bloody Marys, but they are so expensive, especially from Flip Aquatics! I want to make sure they are worth it
Looking at mine, I'd say that they are fire reds and not painted fire reds. However, it does vary slightly on the particular import order too. If you're set on bloody marys I say go for it, but the cherries are cheaper and have great color too, and breed truer than bloody marys

MaximumRide14

Looking at mine, I'd say that they are fire reds and not painted fire reds. However, it does vary slightly on the particular import order too. If you're set on bloody marys I say go for it, but the cherries are cheaper and have great color too, and breed truer than bloody marys
Thanks!

OnTheFly

Thanks for sharing Mak. Rob was at the youtube booth at the Chicago show last weekend. He is a good guy and I am confident he does his best to quarantine the imported shrimp to the best of his ability. You made a wise choice IMO.

NightShade

Beautiful shrimp! Love your tank too!

_IceFyre_

I'm glad the majority of your new shrimp are happy and healthy
I love your aquascape too!

jmaldo

"Congrats" on the Shrimp and shrimplets. Very Impressive. I'll have to find a macro lens for my phone.

-Mak-

Thanks for sharing Mak. Rob was at the youtube booth at the Chicago show last weekend. He is a good guy and I am confident he does his best to quarantine the imported shrimp to the best of his ability. You made a wise choice IMO.
Can't even express how much I wish I'd been there! One day. It was from watching his videos where he describes his and his team's methods that made them my top choice

Beautiful shrimp! Love your tank too!
Thank you so much!

I'm glad the majority of your new shrimp are happy and healthy
I love your aquascape too!
Thanks! Fingers crossed it stays like this! I'd love to be able to move these guys to other tanks once a have a good population going

"Congrats" on the Shrimp and shrimplets. Very Impressive. I'll have to find a macro lens for my phone.
They're great for this purpose, and thank you!

-Mak-

Something I've noticed is the shrimplets only venture out onto the substrate when they're a bit older. I also love their speckled appearance, can't wait to see them color up!

You must be registered to see images

jmaldo

-Mak- In viewing your video, I noticed you added a drop or two of Prime to the bag to neutralize/ detoxify the ammonia and such that might build-up during shipping. I never heard of that before. It appears quite a few members use Prime during their acclimation. Learning something New everyday.
Thanks for sharing.

-Mak-

-Mak- In viewing your video, I noticed you added a drop or two of Prime to the bag to neutralize/ detoxify the ammonia and such that might build-up during shipping. I never heard of that before. It appears quite a few members use Prime during their acclimation. Learning something New everyday.
Thanks for sharing.
I'm so glad that was useful for you! Regardless of drop and plop or drip acclimation, I think it's a great way to stop ammonia from becoming toxic as ph climbs when the bag is opened and water is oxygenated

Zeeth29

Has anyone here ever had experience with flip aquatics? I've ordered from them recently and was wondering what to expect.

-Mak-

Yes, I ordered there 10 cherry shrimp pack. They sent 13, and I lost a couple over the next day, but the others are healthy. One female came berried and the babies are now half the size of the adults.

MaximumRide14

I ordered 10 Bloody Mary Shrimp and they arrived two days ago. All arrived happy and healthy, with great color! None have died so far.

Zeeth29

Sounds good! How long was the wait between ordering and delivery? I placed mine last week and haven't heard anything yet. I'm starting to think something went wrong. But that could just be me being paranoid.

MaximumRide14

Sounds good! How long was the wait between ordering and delivery? I placed mine last week and haven't heard anything yet. I'm starting to think something went wrong. But that could just be me being paranoid.
I think they shrimp Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. What day it is depends on which order that they received the orders. I got my shrimp within a week of placing the order, but I was able to stop by the post office and ask if they had the package. I would be concerned if they don't get back to you in another week or so?
Did you get any shrimp?

Zeeth29

I think they shrimp Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. What day it is depends on which order that they received the orders. I got my shrimp within a week of placing the order, but I was able to stop by the post office and ask if they had the package. I would be concerned if they don't get back to you in another week or so?
Did you get any shrimp?
Thanks! Yes, I ordered some Cherry's during their black Friday sale, the wait is killing me.ead:

MaximumRide14

Thanks! Yes, I ordered some Cherry's during their black Friday sale, the wait is killing me.ead:
Hmm. I ordered on the Black Friday sale too, but I've gotten mine already. What day did you buy them? Did you get an email confirming that you had placed your order?

Zeeth29

Hmm. I ordered on the Black Friday sale too, but I've gotten mine already. What day did you buy them? Did you get an email confirming that you had placed your order?
Ok something definitely went wrong. Now that I checked it was during their pre black Friday special. I ordered on the 18 and I did get a confirmation email, but after that it's been nothing but silence. I've emailed them twice but no response.

MaximumRide14

Ok something definitely went wrong. Now that I checked it was during their pre black Friday special. I ordered on the 18 and I did get a confirmation email, but after that it's been nothing but silence. I've emailed them twice but no response.
That's a little strange. It should have been shipped by now. The next email that you should receive is an email telling you the tracking number, as well as a link that you can go to to watch for updates. Did you send the emails to the Sales... email? How long ago did you send the emails?

Zeeth29

That's a little strange. It should have been shipped by now. The next email that you should receive is an email telling you the tracking number, as well as a link that you can go to to watch for updates. Did you send the emails to the Sales... email? How long ago did you send the emails?
The latest email I sent was on the 3 and was a reply to their original confirmation email. After that I directly emailed their sales team on the 28. I never received a tracking number and the link they sent me when this first started still says they've "confirmed my order and are getting it ready to ship".

MaximumRide14

That’s strange. I don’t know why that would happen. Sorry.

Natalya

Perhaps they are swamped with orders...I only now got confirmation from aquatic arts, although I also ordered during pre-holiday sale

Zeeth29

It ok. I just got a email from them explaining the situation. Looks like my shipping info was lost somehow. They will be shipping tomorrow.

junebug

yay! I've heard good things so I was going to be disappointed if this turned out badly

Zeeth29

yay! I've heard good things so I was going to be disappointed if this turned out badly
Me too! So happy this wasn't the beginning of something horrible.

MaximumRide14

That’s good to hear!

toolman

They are awesome, met them at Aquatic Experience and was very happy & impressed with them and the shrimp I carried home.

Shadowplec6

I want to get some shrimp and snails; and was wondering if Flip Aquatics was a good place to order from!? They seem to have all the species that I want, and I read some pretty nice reviews but I want to hear from people here that may have ordered from them? Also wondering whether or not Live Aquaria is good place to order from as well?

kallililly1973

I have never ordered live but I get emails from aquatic arts they seem to have a great variety of everything as well. Might be worth a look. Good luck!!

BillynJennifer

I have never ordered live but I get emails from aquatic arts they seem to have a great variety of everything as well. Might be worth a look. Good luck!!

I bought Orange Sakura shrimp recently from Aquatic Arts. They arrived healthy and really active.

Shadowplec6

I will definitely look into Aquatic Arts; thanks for suggestion!

Shadowplec6

Checked into Aquatic Arts; unfortunately they don’t carry either species I am looking for; I I am trying to find some healthy ghost shrimp and, though some may think me crazy, Malaysian Trumpet snails

Wraithen

Checked into Aquatic Arts; unfortunately they don’t carry either species I am looking for; I I am trying to find some healthy ghost shrimp and, though some may think me crazy, Malaysian Trumpet snails
I'm sure flip aquatics is a good business. Otherwise their YouTube account would have tanked. No personal experience though.

MaximumRide14

Flip Aquatics is a very good buisness. I must have ordered from them about 4 or 5 times. I've only had problems with their black rose shrimp, but Rob was kind enough to give me DOAs through another order, as well as the treatment to get rid of the illness. They have wonderful customer service and their products have always been great quality (except for the Black Roses, but I've ordered from them so many times that I'm sure it's quite rare).

Shadowplec6

Great, they are have all the species that I am looking for so if really are as good as I have been hearing, I will give them a try! I have never anything for my aquariums sight unseen, so I am a little gun shy; my fish and invertebrates are my babies and I want to do everything in my power to protect them ( I don’t want to repeat the heartbreak I suffer with the last school of neon’s I had; an adorable school of 10 neon tetras wiped out by a highly contagious disease that killed so quick I had no time to react, and those that was from fish I saw when I purchased them, so I have been extra careful ever since

Fishcat

If you lived anywhere near central Massachusetts I could set you up with trumpet snails and ghost shrimp - I just looked in the tank and literally every surface has one or the other on it.

Shadowplec6

If you lived anywhere near central Massachusetts I could set you up with trumpet snails and ghost shrimp - I just looked in the tank and literally every surface has one or the other on it.

Sadly I don’t, Massachusetts is quite a ways away from me. I may have to see if I can get any like that locally.

kallililly1973

If you have a Petco near you they will usually give them to you for nothing. The Petco tanks that I go to usually have some in most all their tanks.

Shadowplec6

I thought about that so I checked all the Petco’s and PetSmart’s in my area and none of them had any and hadn’t had any in years, which I found a little strange.

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom