Flip Aquatics, Are They A Good Place To Order From?

Discussion in 'Commercial Websites' started by Shadowplec6, May 18, 2019.

1. Shadowplec6

Shadowplec6New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    I want to get some shrimp and snails; and was wondering if Flip Aquatics was a good place to order from!? They seem to have all the species that I want, and I read some pretty nice reviews but I want to hear from people here that may have ordered from them? Also wondering whether or not Live Aquaria is good place to order from as well?

2. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,173
    Experience:
    2 years
    I have never ordered live but I get emails from aquatic arts they seem to have a great variety of everything as well. Might be worth a look. Good luck!!

3. BillynJennifer

BillynJenniferWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +306
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    I bought Orange Sakura shrimp recently from Aquatic Arts. They arrived healthy and really active.

4. OP
    OP
    Shadowplec6

Ratings:
    +1
    I will definitely look into Aquatic Arts; thanks for suggestion!

5. OP
    OP
    Shadowplec6

Ratings:
    +1
    Checked into Aquatic Arts; unfortunately they don’t carry either species I am looking for; i I am trying to find some healthy ghost shrimp and, though some may think me crazy, Malaysian Trumpet snails

6. Wraithen

WraithenFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +1,687
    Experience:
    3 years
    I'm sure flip aquatics is a good business. Otherwise their YouTube account would have tanked. No personal experience though.

7. MaximumRide14

MaximumRide14Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +798
    Experience:
    2 years
    Flip Aquatics is a very good buisness. I must have ordered from them about 4 or 5 times. I've only had problems with their black rose shrimp, but Rob was kind enough to give me DOAs through another order, as well as the treatment to get rid of the illness. They have wonderful customer service and their products have always been great quality (except for the Black Roses, but I've ordered from them so many times that I'm sure it's quite rare).

8. OP
    OP
    Shadowplec6

Ratings:
    +1
    Great, they are have all the species that I am looking for so if really are as good as I have been hearing, I will give them a try! I have never anything for my aquariums sight unseen, so I am a little gun shy; my fish and invertebrates are my babies and I want to do everything in my power to protect them ( I don’t want to repeat the heartbreak I suffer with the last school of neon’s I had; an adorable school of 10 neon tetras wiped out by a highly contagious disease that killed so quick I had no time to react, and those that was from fish I saw when I purchased them, so I have been extra careful ever since

9. Fishcat

FishcatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +943
    If you lived anywhere near central Massachusetts I could set you up with trumpet snails and ghost shrimp - I just looked in the tank and literally every surface has one or the other on it.

10. OP
    OP
    Shadowplec6

Ratings:
    +1

Sadly I don’t, Massachusetts is quite a ways away from me. I may have to see if I can get any like that locally.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  11. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,173
    Experience:
    2 years
    If you have a Petco near you they will usually give them to you for nothing. The Petco tanks that i go to usually have some in most all their tanks.

12. OP
    OP
    Shadowplec6

Ratings:
    +1
    I thought about that so I checked all the Petco’s and PetSmart’s in my area and none of them had any and hadn’t had any in years, which I found a little strange.