FLBettaCouple

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I think so too. I think no matter what, you can be inventive and improve from the usual store practices. Buuuut, would you be picky about they new owners? Would you often refuse to sell them because you would just know they wouldn't take good care of them?

poppet

Valued Member
Reaction score
Now i know why, you purchased them NVG yourself.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
What's an NVG? New vendor gill?

poppet

Valued Member
Reaction score
Night vision goggles .

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Me no getty.

poppet

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think you need them too.Armadillo Read this poll. Fish more active during the day or at night...

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
armadillo said:
Oooooh, creative people!
thanks. sometimes i think it'd be more fun to end up running a betta shop, but who knows what's down the road.
Yes creative people. You could run a betta shop out of your house, it would be the most economical way, get a custom built shallow tank with opaque dividers to house all your bettas together and use one heater and filter.
FLBettaCouple said:
I think it would be possible to at least run a store in a more humane fashion.. say for instance, the betta 'cups'.. how about using beanie baby containers instead?  you can still fit a number of bettas on a shelf, but at least they have a little room to move.. it wouldn't be an easy go, but it's doable i think.
The best I say was male betta's in little betta barracks in regular tanks with other tanks. They actually only had one betta per tank and at least it was heated and filtered water.

armadillo said:
I think so too. I think no matter what, you can be inventive and improve from the usual store practices. Buuuut, would you be picky about they new owners? Would you often refuse to sell them because you would just know they wouldn't take good care of them?
Sure why not refuse to sell, it's YOUR buisness. It might be better to go into the buisness with a partner so if it fails you won't be hit as bad but of course a main part if your buisness would work or not is LOCATION. It would be smart to open up a shop where there's some large fish clubs around and not too many other stores. It would be best not to open a strictly fish store either, you could specialize in it but you need at least dog and cat supplies. I've given it a lot of thought and that's my goal. Once I'm done with college either live with my parents for a time or get a small house/apartment, get a job, I'm thinking of being a teacher (nice hours, at least around here, and get summer off) save up for a petstore and go to a club and find a friend and open a shop with him/her or more than one person. If it's a success open another.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Am sure all fish store owners actually started loving fish, and then most kind of get blase'd about it, or when the thin margins start making themselves felt.

darkwolf29a

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my gf to think about this. I have more than a few ideas for the tank(s) necessary. Also, you can build them yourself very cheap, as long as you have the necessary tools.

And..selling isn't really an issue, since you can sell them on aquabid.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
poppet said:
I think you need them too.Armadillo Read this poll. Fish more active during the day or at night...
Ooooo, and the coin finally drops! Only took 1 day + explanations! What poll? Do you have the link?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea, it's one of those back burner ideas that we think about and plan here & there.. hopefully down the line, we'll have things go the way so that we can start a business with a realistic chance of making it.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
You'll have to tell us if you've gone on the dark side after six months and become uncaring and neglectful to the fish! We'll be onto you.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
armadillo said:
You'll have to tell us if you've gone on the dark side after six months and become uncaring and neglectful to the fish! We'll be onto you.
well, sometimes i feel the urge to choke a fish with the force and get a black cape..

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
ROFL. ;D Somehow, I cannot for one second imagine you hurting a fish.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
armadillo said:
ROFL. ;D Somehow, I cannot for one second imagine you hurting a fish.
I can - if they don't tell me where the rebel base is! <grrr!>

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm sure they make a pill for this sort of behavior. I'm just saying.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sgould said:
I'm sure they make a pill for this sort of behavior. I'm just saying.
that's what they said before i force-chocked them all! !

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
And I'm the emperor and your disobeying my orders, now I shall have to electrocute you

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
atmmachine said:
And I'm the emperor and your disobeying my orders, now I shall have to electrocute you
fortunately, there's always a handy DEEP hole to toss emperors in.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
And my electricity happens to kill you soon after I die

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads