Flatulence algae problems

Discussion in 'Marine Plants and Macro Algae' started by aquari-girl, Dec 8, 2012.

1. a

aquari-girl Valued Member Member

Does anyone know how to get rid of flatulence algae. It's taking over my saltwater tank.

2. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Farting algae?????

3. OP
    OP
    a

That's what the guy called it at my local lfs. It's red stringy and produces tiny air bubbles. It's not slim algae.

4. OP
    OP
    a

image.jpg .

Attached Files:

5. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

That is red and green hair algae not flatulence that kind would of killed everything in your tank cuz of the gases it gives off. The best way to get rid of it is a couple of Mexican turbo snails but if you are over feeding your tank(which is one of the causes of the algae another is not enough water changes or water source) so here my questions: how much and how often are you feeding the tank? What where your last test readings? What tank is it in the 26 or 55? What are you dosing the tank with? How much and when do you do water changes? What are you using as a water source ? And how long is the tank on a daylight schedule?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice