Flashy Pony!

Ziggi

Well, he's far from being a pony, quite the opposite actually. I introduce to you, one of my many coworkers: Tucker!
18+ hands, 2000+ lbs of giant grey gentle love bug! These are all from our North American Police Equestrian Championship held at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds this past fall. My baby boy only spooked once, and yes, that's a normal Metro bus he's standing next to. I'm not proud or anything. (I'd attach the pic of me standing with him wrapping his head over my shoulder so you could see how massive he is, cause I'm NOT small at all... but it won't load so *shrug*)
Enjoy!

Butterfly

That is totally amazing!
If the pic is too big you can resize it. Please try again. I would love to see it.
Thank you for posting your pictures
Carol

Tigress Hill

He's a pretty boy

aquaticat

Tucker is GORGEOUS Ziggi! I love horses and enjoy riding but I'd be a bit scared to get on a guy that big ;D I've rode a blind horse (I was probably more intimidated to ride that girl than any other I've ridden!) that was about 15 hands or so but I think that's as far as I'm going with riding for now

Ziggi

Ok, here's him on patrol at a park in '06

If you saw the movie Minority Report, in the beginning there's a scene with a cheating wife. There's two mounted officers. One in front is Tucker, the other is Blue (now retired). The officer in back is the Sgt where I work, one in front is someone from DC I think

Tuck and my other fave, Mosby (AKA BamBam the Bulldozer ... he's injured more people, including me, because he's a jerk but good at his job! I love the bad boys.) came to visit me when I was honored at my church. QUITE the surprise!

Ok I kicked off the lazy spell and cropped out most of the pic personally... I hate looking at myself. I'm 5'7-ish with a heavy build... Tuck's other name is big head...

Mandine

My Gawd he is beautiful! I love horses, been riding for 24 years now! I had a warmblood but sadly had to sell him for financial reasons. If I were to get back into it tho I've decided I want a couple of large drafty boys. Tucker is gorgeous!!!

HermesDoesItBetta

He is gorgous!! My horses would be jelous xD

Ziggi

aquaticat said:
Tucker is GORGEOUS Ziggi! I love horses and enjoy riding but I'd be a bit scared to get on a guy that big ;D I've rode a blind horse (I was probably more intimidated to ride that girl than any other I've ridden!) that was about 15 hands or so but I think that's as far as I'm going with riding for now
He was my first actually... and I had a fear of heights. I couldn't take 2 steps on a ladder without shaking. It was cool, my boss threw me up on him (not knowing I had a fear of heights, she just knew I'd never ridden before and loved Tuck) and he took care of me. He's really comfy ... but you have to stretch first. I'm surprisingly flexible, so hopping up on him (uhm, he's probably the equivalent of straddling a wide chair? His saddle is XL I think. The last new person to ride him pulled a wicked charlie horse in her hip/groin) isn't a problem... getting down, however ... kinda hurts. :'( it's a long drop from his back to the ground! We have one other horse who's taller than him by a hair, but in total girth, (weight, width, height, etc) Tuck trumps the entire barn!

I wish I had the $$$ to continue my lessons :'( if anyone though fish keeping was an expensive hobby, Horses trump that! -_-; oh well, it's fun to practice at work though.

JDcichlidlover

Oh ZiggI he's beautiful I wish I got to work with horses every day. So much more fun than rats lol. I'm glad you have such a beautiful horse to dote on .

Tonia

He is wonderful, Ziggi!!! I love horses and back when I lived in Texas was able to work at a stable and help give riding lessons to kids.. that was some of the best fun of my life!

I'm so glad you get to spend time with Tucker and have such a lovely companion in your life.

Ziggi

Thanks guys! I'm sure it's nice to finally put a body to the nose in my avatar!
I'll upload some of the pics from my phone later. battery is going fast.

Shine

The police championship testing events look fascinating. Looks like it would be great fun to do and quite the challenge for a lot of horses. I know for one my current ghost-spook creature would never make it through five mins But it would have been interesting with the mare I had years ago. Though she was a real pony in size (big pony 14.1hh, but still) ... nothing like Tuck that's for sure ;D Good looking fellow

Ziggi

Shine said:
The police championship testing events look fascinating. Looks like it would be great fun to do and quite the challenge for a lot of horses. I know for one my current ghost-spook creature would never make it through five mins But it would have been interesting with the mare I had years ago. Though she was a real pony in size (big pony 14.1hh, but still) ... nothing like Tuck that's for sure ;D Good looking fellow
It's an annual floating event (i.e. it moves from host city to host city, I believe next year it's in Richmond, VA ... year prior was in Canada I think... or NY.) Its a 3 sided competition (generally speaking... it's broken down WAY more than that now, down to combined scores, officers, civilian/volunteer officers, western, etc.) comprised of a Uniform Class, Equitation Class and the Obstacle Course. It's pretty fun, I hope next time to actually see it. This past year I was score keep, so I was locked in the command post updating scores for 2 days. My coworkers had to videotape Tuck on his turn cause my relief didn't come till later. Oh well, prolly for the best. I'd be like that jr soccer mom, yelling at the referees! "No top score? .... WHAT?!?!? REF YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!"
Anywho, very fun, and it's nice to see what your "mounted guardians" are capable of! I feel better knowing that if there's a riot going on and I'm an innocent bystander, a giant brave mount could come save me! (and, yeah mounts are spooky too! There's some nasty refusals on the website.)

Oh, BTW, that 4th pic at the top, that's his spook... he doesn't do much! OK, I'll stop bragging now

Shine

LOL I thought that might have been 'the spook'. Hahah... pretty mellow boy. Not sure if I'd even notice a spook of that level at this point

You couldn't even get my air-head into a crowd of people without risking injury, never mind a riot.

Ziggi

His spooks feel/ride like hind-end trips, you kinda ride it like "whoa ... what just happened?". Well, downside to him and his size (course, this is anyone) when he refuses to go ... only a tank can move him. :/ Once he decided he was no longer fond of police sirens, (he was just being stubborn and wanted to go "home") and refused/backed up when I pushed forward. My crop, a slap from the reins, hard kicks, NOTHING made him go forward (crop is my last resort, I don't even take one with me when riding him). In the end I said: "Oh ... you want to back up, eh?" ... quick lesson in going in actually going in reverse and he opted for forward again reverse psychology works wonders! Normally he's a good boy though.

JDcichlidlover

reverse phychology always works lol. it even works on kids lol. cassie's was that she wanted to prance. I would make her bend. ooo she hated it! lol

Featherfin

I love him!!! He's so beautiful! I drool over drafts... I've always wanted one. I'm small at 5'0 though so I'm not allowed lol, but today I test rode a draft pony (though technically horse-sized) and pretty sure I'm going to get her.

Ziggi

Featherfin said:
I love him!!! He's so beautiful! I drool over drafts... I've always wanted one. I'm small at 5'0 though so I'm not allowed lol, but today I test rode a draft pony (though technically horse-sized) and pretty sure I'm going to get her.
Come now, there's no height requirement for a draft! the further the gap between your height and theirs means you can use more creative ways to mount! I'm 5'6-7 (on a good day :'( short compared to my glamazon coworkers at 5'9"-6') and not bendy enough to use the 2-step mounting block, so I use the fence or a truck! And if I ride him bareback ... I mount with a prayer. I LOVE LOVE L.O.V.E. the giant boys! but I'm baised and partial to big things... it's nice to feel small every now and again.
I'm kinda weird, I get REALLY uncomfortable being near someone smaller than me (height, weight, build ... whatev, general stature) I'm paranoid I may do something and break them! I know I'm weird, but I don't have to worry about that with Tuck So what breed is the Draft pony? I've heard of a perch x halflinger ... ??? never seen it though.

Ziggi

Ok, this is the last set of pics I'll post here for awhile
Tuck after a bath, turned out and glowing it lasted long enough for me to take this pic

This is what I'm greeted with in the morning. Especially after a bath

Santa's dirty helper (Yup, our boys play dress up all the time! oh how they tolerate us! )

My fave pic to show his size! that saddle rack infront of him comes to my armpit and yes, he's crosstied in the middle of the aisle, yes his bum is in a stall, no I don't know how this happened!

And finally, We had a loooong day (I don't remember what we did, but it most likely involved canter work, which we hate), so this is what happened afterward! By the way, some kid passed by with his class and yelled out "look! It's giving birth!" while Tuck was laying down (hence my statement about the pregnant gelding). Congrats Komodo Dragon Rolling Thunder, it's a boy?

Eienna

OOOOgh...I want a horse so bad...XD but my wallet, oh how my wallet would suffer! XDDDD

Ziggi

Eienna said:
OOOOgh...I want a horse so bad...XD but my wallet, oh how my wallet would suffer! XDDDD
I'm trying to save up now so it might not hurt so bad Thankfully/hopefully, I have some time before he retires! my goal is to have $5-10,000 cushion for emergencies (vet, vet, vet, uhm hay in drought situations... did I mention vet?)

Eienna

And farrier, don't forget.

Ziggi

oh yeah ... I did -_-; eh, I'll just have to learn that trade myself (I got our farrier to show me how to do it ... yeah ... no... I hate it when folks make stuff look easy!) Unless he has reason to keep them though, I'll prolly pull his shoes off when he retires though. that should atleast save me like ... $20 bucks X_x; heh! Ok so now the plan is to marry a vet or farrier ... a good one... that owns land! and proceed to mooch! I like that plan!

Eienna

There is quite an argument growing for the wild-horse trI'm as opposed to shoes. Apparently it's much healthier for their feet, though they may limp for a bit at first from the odd sensation of having no shoes. The shoes actually CAUSE weak hoof walls. You do have to have a farrier that knows what he's doing for that trim, though.

JDcichlidlover

Yup, going from shoes to barefoot be easy on him he'll have sore feet. just like in the spring after wearing shoes all winter. you go out barefoot and anything remotely bumpy hurts lol. Its good for their feet to be barefoot though. But if you're going to walk on the road a lot its not so good. can't go any faster than a light trot. otherwise he might slip. such a pain. I never could go fast with Cassie on the road.

He's so pretty ahhhh Montana, where a green horse is practically free Can't wait to move and have land. I'm getting another fish tank and some horses. I'd rather gentle them myself anyways.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom