Flaring at Snails

Mkm817

Hello everyone! My betta has just decided that when my snails go on the front glass of his tank they are his enemy, and will flare at them until the move. I know flaring can be very stressful for bettas, and I don’t want to make him stressed, but I also can’t keep moving my snails off of the walls every time I see them. I could move them to another tank but they are doing good controlling algae in the one with my betta. I was wondering what anyone else’s opinions are on whether I should move the snails out of the tank, or if it is fine for him to flare a couple times a day. Thanks, can’t wait for advice!

BigManAquatics

Flaring itself isn't a bad thing. Excessive flaring can cause the betta to get stressed though. Might be an idea though, depending on number of snails to reduce the number.

Upvote 0

Mkm817

Flaring itself isn't a bad thing. Excessive flaring can cause the betta to get stressed though. Might be an idea though, depending on number of snails to reduce the number.
I’ve only got 3 nerite snails. He doesn’t mind them at all when they are on the ground or anywhere else in the tank. He only flares when they are in the front

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I’ve only got 3 nerite snails. He doesn’t mind them at all when they are on the ground or anywhere else in the tank. He only flares when they are in the front
How big is the tank? 1 nerite in each 10 gallon keeps them pretty spotless. At least in my tanks.

Upvote 0

Mkm817

it’s a 10 gallon and I have 3 nerites. The tank has a very bright light and it’s infront of a very sunny window so there’s a lot of algae. Even with all three there is still some.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BellaFriedrick
  • Question
Replies
Views
emilijad
  • Question
Replies