Flame Fin Tomini Tang

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyone2006

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok so since I can't seem to find any nice healthy Yellow tangs in my area to try adding a tang to my reef again I decided to go with a Flame Fin Tomini Tang this time. So far unlike the two Yellow tangs I have tried to add to my reef this guy has just surpassed the 48 hour mark so fingers crossed the third one is the lucky one.

Heres some pics of him from this morning not the greatest he still swims behind the rocks and hides when I get to close to the tank still but he's out swimming and looking for algae so like I said fingers crossed.

20141016_090513.jpg

20141016_090835.jpg

20141016_090837.jpg

20141016_090847.jpg

will try to get some better pics once he's more settled in.

1971roadrunner

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice Tang! I never see those in my LFS's which is a real shame . I know you know what your doing and really hope this guy gets over the hump in your tank. Great luck with him and please keep us posted on his progress.

OP
krazyone2006

krazyone2006

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks he's doing good swimming around and pecking at the rocks, sand and algae coloring up really nice his orange is super bright. Yeah I guess they are not a common Tang for most LFS to get. I actually had this one special ordered for me because I read they are really hardy compaired to the yellow tangs and they are one of the smallest tangs when fully grown so I ordered him and crossed my fingers. LoL Now to just get him to stay out and not dart into the rocks when I come close to the tank so I can get some better pics of him. LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 5 15.2%

Top Bottom