flagfish vs. cichlid

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by fishaddiction, Dec 19, 2012.

1. fishaddiction

fishaddiction Valued Member Member

I purchased 1 Acei cichlid a few weeks ago and was going to relocate him today but my flagfish (I have 2 1 boy 1 girl) which I got 2 weeks ago has doubled in size and is fighting my cichlid what should I do? I'm not home until 4:20 and they might be dead by then.

2. A

AlexAlex Well Known Member Member

IMO, Mbunas (African Cichlids) need to be in groups and overcrowded in a 55 Gallon + tank. They are semi-aggressive to aggressive Cichlids.

3. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

Well, you have a lot going on here with just 3 fish. I agree with Alex the Acei is in a lost world there. the Acei should be with at least 3-4 more Aceis and among other Mbunas in at least a 55gl tank. Mbunas are normally a species only setup.
    the Flag fish may be spawning and will be a little agressive while this is going on.
    Temperature for Flagfish should be around 74-77 degree while Mbunas should be over 80 degrees.
    what should you do, well nothing you can do until you get home but i would return the Acei when you get the first opportunity.

4. OP
    OP
    fishaddiction

Got it doing it now.

5. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

good choice:;th

6. OP
    OP
    fishaddiction

I just did it :( hopefully all goes well in my tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice