Fixture recommendation for 14 gallon tall low light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Florian Pellet, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Florian PelletWell Known MemberMember

Hi fishlore people,

Last time I asked for a light fixture recommendation here I got an excellent and very quick answer from @TexasDomer. So I thought I'd give it another shot. This time I'm looking for a LED light that matches the following requirements:
    • Low light plants only
    • Fixture length of 12" maximum
    • Sunrise-sunset function (ability to automatically dim up and down, instead of flashing on and off)
    • Some color red would be appreciated
    • Tall tank (I don't know if this changes anything)

Basically, I'd love a Finnex Planted Plus 24/7 of only 12" in length but their smallest fixture is a 20".

Any good ideas?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  2. OP
    OP
    F

Florian PelletWell Known MemberMember

Bumping this up

3. Aquaphobia

AquaphobiaFishlore LegendMember

Have patience, it's only been a couple of hours and people are likely still at work:)

Is the tank rimless?

4. OP
    OP
    F

Ah ah yeah for me it was when I woke up and now is when I'm going to bed, but yeah you're right!

Yep, rimless. Probably 6mm glass, but not 100% sure yet (haven't bought the sheet of glass yet).

5. Aquaphobia

Oh, only just realizing that you're in France! I've seen some nice fixtures that are meant to clamp onto rimless tanks. I think Marineland? Maybe? I'll go check. Just not sure what's available where you are:)

Yep, Marineland and also National Geographic make nice fixtures. Have you checked on eBay? I've found a few good lights there. How about this one? You'll have to look it up to see if it's available to you but it probably is: http://m.ebay.com/itm/141878713671

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  6. OP
    OP
    F

Yeah I guess it's a good default option but it looks like it doesn't have an automatic ramping up and down of the lights, which really is something I'm looking for.

7. Aquaphobia

Oh yeah, forgot about that bit. I'll keep looking for you!

8. OP
    OP
    F

I did find the Ecoxotic E-30, which does exist in 12". I just don't know how "programmable" it is.

9. Aquaphobia

Found this one. It's 2" too long but it seems to be fully programmable and is apparently available in a freshwater version!

10. Aquaphobia

Ah-HA!

11. OP
    OP
    F

Well done! This Nano NemoLight Freshwater LED looks quite perfect.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  12. OP
    OP
    F

Now looking at the NemoLight website, I'm starting to think that the freshwater version is not actually programmable nor with sunrise/sunset...

13. Aquaphobia

Hm, just checked and turns out those features are optional though the ones from Pets and Ponds already have the controller built in.

14. OP
    OP
    F

This is all very confusing...
    There is the AquaMaxxx NemoLight:  
    And there is the NemoLight AquaLight:  

15. Aquaphobia

The first link says it has the built-in controller for programmable dimming and sunrise/sunset!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice