Fix Deformed Goldfish?

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmmm, that's too bad because now I cant have him breed with my other goldfish.;(

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
OneLittleBubble said:
Hmmm, that's too bad because now I cant have him breed with my other goldfish.;(
Where did you get him? If it was a proper breeder it should have been culled, its not humane to let it live with a broken tail and struggle. (Well maybe humane wasnt the right word but you get the point, its not fixable and usually gets worse the older they get)

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah I know I bought him from a really good pet store and I noticed it I was just too worried about how fat he was then his deformity. I don't want him to suffer when he gets older, but I don't want to kill him either. He's a beautiful fish.

Alaina Leigh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a ryukin with a jacked up tail. I didn't get him at a breeder or LFS but a big chain store. I know....I didn't know any better then.

So, it doesnt look pretty and he is a slower swimmer than the others, but I wouldn't dream of euthanizing him because of his stupid, stumpy, jacked up tail.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Alaina Leigh said:
I have a ryukin with a jacked up tail. I didn't get him at a breeder or LFS but a big chain store. I know....I didn't know any better then.

So, it doesnt look pretty and he is a slower swimmer than the others, but I wouldn't dream of euthanizing him because of his stupid, stumpy, jacked up tail.
Omg same that's the description of my deformed fish.

Alaina Leigh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
OneLittleBubble said:
Omg same that's the description of my deformed fish.
Here is the stumpy tail in all it's glory.

There is even a kink/bend in his "caudal peduncle" (I had to look that up- the last part of the body before it transitions into the tail fin) that adds to the jacked-upness of the tail fin.

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom