Fitness Nuts?

AquaticJ
Per Sarah73 suggestion, I decided to see who else here is into fitness?

emmysjj
Yeah I'm into fitness.... fitness whole pizza in my mouth

Discus-Tang
I wish...

EDIT: Sometimes I get up at, like 4 am and go for a jog to the bay to watch the sun rising. Pretty fun, and I feel good about myself too. it also helps my insomnia

penguin02
I run cross country so I’m in decent shape. But I wouldn’t call myself a fitness nut. I don’t go to the gym because I don’t know how to use the machines and I’m too chicken to figure it out lol.

goldface
I run at least 3 miles. If I’m really motivated, I’ll try to do six, although I could do a lot more. It’s all about pacing. One of these days I’ll have to do a marathon.

I train as a boxer, but I don’t actually fight. I do it for the intensity of the workout as well as the challenge (and honestly, I like how strong it makes me feel). But it’s expensive, especially one-on-one sessions with actual fighters. I try to do this everyday, but it really starts to feel like work.

I also like to do Pilates. Each class is 45 minutes long. But I don’t do it as often as the other two. It gets quite expensive. But I love how it makes me feel afterwards. Honestly, if it wasn’t so pricey I’d do it every single day. It’s oddly maybe my favorite out of the three, as it’s always something I look forward to doing, while running and boxing can feel too much like work.

I did weight lift years ago for a short time, like 2 yrs. This was when I lived in AK. Winters are brutal. Nuff said. I don’t think I could do it again. It takes discipline and I like my Scotch and beer too much. My ex actually hated it. I guess she got tired and annoyed by my selfie pics, lol. Maybe you know what I mean.

If this all sounds incredably self-indulgent, it really is.

AquaticJ
Weight lifting is my other passion besides fish keeping and animals. I definitely know how expensive boxing can be, however, a good friend of mine is a trainer at the boxing gym around me so he gets me a hige discount!

goldface
I run cross country so I’m in decent shape. But I wouldn’t call myself a fitness nut. I don’t go to the gym because I don’t know how to use the machines and I’m too chicken to figure it out lol.
Lol, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I never got why people flock to Planet Fitness's "Judgement Free Zone." Not saying you do, but it seems people are actually concerned about this, which I think is silly. From my experience most people aren't judgmental.

AquaticJ
It’s funny you say that, I actually feel judged at Planet Fitness lol. I went there with my ex when we were dating and everyone was staring like I was weird for being in shape. It’s sad really.

goldface
It’s funny you say that, I actually feel judged at Planet Fitness lol. I went there with my ex when we were dating and everyone was staring like I was weird for being in shape. It’s sad really.
Yeah, I saw videos (I think on Youtube) of people getting kicked out for passively making others feel self-conscious about themselves. Really? How do people deal with real bullying then? It's stupid.

penguin02
Lol, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I never got why people flock to Planet Fitness's "Judgement Free Zone." Not saying you do, but it seems people are actually concerned about this, which I think is silly. From my experience most people aren't judgmental.

You're probably right lol

Zoomo
If thinking I should probably be into fitness counts, but not actually doing anything to be fit, then yup, count me in. Does my keyboarding count? I work 8 hours a day at a keyboard, that has to count for something. Nope, not fit, old, fat, and hard to care. I work all night long and sleep during the day, but I work from home so that helps.

Sarah73
Just saw this! My fitness is stretching, push up, sit-ups, swimming, and weightlifting sometimes.
edit: I love doing squats! Do like 50 each day

Smalltownfishfriend
My fitness routine is getting up at 5 every single morning, going out to the barn, milking the cows and feeding the calves before coming in for breakfast!!lol

Sarah73
My fitness routine is getting up at 5 every single morning, going out to the barn, milking the cows and feeding the calves before coming in for breakfast!!lol
guess that counts! haha! I used to get up that early when I had a farm, milking goats yay

emmysjj
In all seriousness, my exercise is water changes on 4 tanks and cleaning out my 70 gallon hamster cage.
I wish I had a farm

Smalltownfishfriend
guess that counts! haha! I used to get up that early when I had a farm, milking goats yay
Somehow I feel like cows are probably a walk in the park compared to goats!!!lol

J.Ho
I'm trying to be. I my diet is generally pretty good, and gym attendance isn't bad. However trying to figure out proper form to do exercises alone can be rough.

Nathan9
Any weightlifters have any new programs for a bulk? I have been lifting on and off for a couple of years now. I usually do it during the summer during off season (soccer player). During the season I do gym a bit but the past two years I’ve been injured so I haven't really had the opportunity.

Used to cycle once a week and also swim. I am pretty keen on doing a spartan race next year.

Nathan.

toeknee
I'm not into fitness in an "I like to exercise via the gym" kinda way.....I live up in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado so in the summertime I do tons of mountain biking and hiking, in the winter I skI at least 4 times a week. (The gondola to vail mountain is a 5 minutes walk from my apartment).....I skied 98 days last winter. Going for 100 this coming winter. So I stay in decent shape through my outdoor activities. I do need to get better with eating healthy. I probably do a better job at making sure my fish are getting all the nutrients they need more so than I do.

Dch48
Never been into it. I do like to take walks though. Sometimes I walk to the shopping center and back, about 3 miles total. Exercise for it's own sake? Nope, I'm allergic. It makes me break out. (in a sweat which I hate)

Guanchy
I'm into fitness, but fitness aint into me! lolol

Sarah73
Never been into it. I do like to take walks though. Sometimes I walk to the shopping center and back, about 3 miles total. Exercise for it's own sake? Nope, I'm allergic. It makes me break out. (in a sweat which I hate)
sweat is good for you. It releases all of the toxins you have in your body along with salt.

Dch48
sweat is good for you. It releases all of the toxins you have in your body along with salt.
Don't care. If I'm sweating I'm not happy. Sweating is a function to keep the body cool in adverse conditions. I have no interest in purposely inducing it.

Sarah73
Don't care. If I'm sweating I'm not happy. Sweating is a function to keep the body cool in adverse conditions. I have no interest in purposely inducing it.
haha, it's part of nature. I don't mind sweat. It's a bodily function and you will have to deal with it at one point or another.

Dch48
haha, it's part of nature. I don't mind sweat. It's a bodily function and you will have to deal with it at one point or another.
Exactly my point. It happens all too often just naturally. Why should I purposely make it happen?

Sarah73
Exactly my point. It happens all too often just naturally. Why should I purposely make it happen?
It's supposed to be that way! If I was your wife I would kick you outside and make you quit being annoyed by natural functions.

goldface
I'm not into fitness in an "I like to exercise via the gym" kinda way.....I live up in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado so in the summertime I do tons of mountain biking and hiking, in the winter I skI at least 4 times a week. (The gondola to vail mountain is a 5 minutes walk from my apartment).....I skied 98 days last winter. Going for 100 this coming winter. So I stay in decent shape through my outdoor activities. I do need to get better with eating healthy. I probably do a better job at making sure my fish are getting all the nutrients they need more so than I do.
Diet is definitely very important in staying fit even moreso than working out. That is unless you have very fast metabolism, you can’t out-excercise a bad diet.

Sarah73
sa
Diet is definitely very important in staying fit even moreso than working out. That is unless you have very fast metabolism, you can’t out-excercise a bad diet.
sadly that's true...Diet is what mainly makes you lose weight. Exercising helps! Esp it's very important for your bones and health/heart.

ValerieAdams
Does anyone do yoga? I used to when I was like 8 lol. I'd love to get back into it. I don't do much of anything now, I used to cheer. Now I just have a 71 pound (and growing) puppy to wrestle around lol

Sarah73
Does anyone do yoga? I used to when I was like 8 lol. I'd love to get back into it. I don't do much of anything now, I used to cheer. Now I just have a 71 pound (and growing) puppy to wrestle around lol
Yoga was fun when I was 6 until I wanted to run everywhere and do anything but stay still hahahaha. I got a 125 Great Dane to play with every day! Probably gonna get one more

ValerieAdams
Yoga was fun when I was 6 until I wanted to run everywhere and do anything but stay still hahahaha. I got a 125 Great Dane to play with every day! Probably gonna get one more
Mine is a pitbull. I want a great dane and a husky so so bad. Saw the prettiest great dane puppies at the vet last night. Maybe I can train my pup to do yoga with me.. LOL

Sarah73
Mine is a pitbull. I want a great dane and a husky so so bad. Saw the prettiest great dane puppies at the vet last night. Maybe I can train my pup to do yoga with me.. LOL
you can train your pit to do the doggie pose . I have a fawn color great dane. I love her natural color and her ears aren't cropped up

ValerieAdams
you can train your pit to do the doggie pose . I have a fawn color great dane. I love her natural color and her ears aren't cropped up
Merle are my favorite coloring. They're all gorgeous though. I can't stand when people crop dogs ears, I can't imagine putting them through that

Sarah73
Merle are my favorite coloring. They're all gorgeous though. I can't stand when people crop dogs ears, I can't imagine putting them through that
They crop likely for show, but imagine the pain the puppies have to go through. Because they DO put pins and needles into the ears sadly. Yeah that's the problem breed as they are more known to have health issues along with deafness

WTFish?
Crappppp! Came across this post as I’m heating a burrito.

Sarah73
Crappppp! Came across this post as I’m heating a burrito.
That my friends isn't something healthy to eat

WTFish?
That my friends isn't something healthy to eat
Lol, but I’m drinking a Diet Coke! Ha! I know, even worse

Sarah73
Lol, but I’m drinking a Diet Coke! Ha! I know, even worse
I'm dying laughing with what you are doing. WTG while we are talking about being healthyyyyyyy

ValerieAdams
Maybe we should start a Fish Lore diet plan

Fashooga
I walk about a mile a day before I work...I do jog on occasions but I really hate jogging. I guess most of my fitness is chasing my kids around...now that they have bikes I have to run to catch up with them...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PascalKrypt
Replies
Views
MaximumRide14
Replies
Views
max h
  • Question
Replies