Fishy Eye Contact

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aegnis, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Aegnis

Aegnis Valued Member Member

I decided to sit with my betta, Noodle today. I felt like I haven't been giving him a lot of attention with finals and all that. He swam up to the glass as usual and looked at me. I looked back. He didn't move. Usually he'll stare at me for a little bit and turn his head side to side to look at me, but today he just hovered right in front of me and stared at me. I could see his little eyes moving, but he never stopped staring at me. So I stared back.

I swear two solid minutes went by and he didn't move an inch. Just kept staring at me. I felt it in my soul.

I finally had to back down. I lost a staring contest to my own fish.

Anyone else have some funny interactions with their fish?

2. Fishywife

Fishywife Valued Member Member

I do it with my Angel's all the time. My bettas are grumpy though. Especially slick. Hes super grumpy. 20180411_114603.jpg and, jack sparrow is a poser 20180411_120129.jpg

3. OP
    OP
    Aegnis

Aegnis Valued Member Member

What grumps! I love them! Bettas are so charismatic with their frowns.

4. Fishywife

Fishywife Valued Member Member

Jack's pretty happy, but slick always looks so miserable ! Hes got a 20g tall too! Jack was a rescue, I only had a 3.5 gallon spare for him but he seems happy enough in it. I have 2 rescue female crown tails in my 55g community. I'm considering adding a couple more. Only considering at this stage. They mostly ignore each other and everyone else in there. But, I have caught them doing the fishy stare at each other!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice