Fishlore .... or.. BettaLore?!

FL CommunityFans
Just zoomed out on the threads for a bit to see what some of the active forums are, and the betta forums have double any of the other most active fish specific forums here. I knew there were a bunch of betta fanatics here, but my word people!
;p

angelfish220
Bettas? What Bettas? *runs upstairs to quickly hide betta tanks*

sgould
Alright, I admit it. I have no bettas! Beautiful fish though.

luna
What is this "betta" of which you speak? I have a pig with fins!

Tom
What is this "betta" of which you speak? I have a pig with fins!

So you have platys? I had them at one point, and have some fry now. lol

What is a bet-ta? I don't know what you are talking about. I know I have a Ralph, a Raul, a Draco, a Jewel, a few nonames, but no bettas. :;bb
Tom

Angela_96
I have african cichlids.. however my mother does breed bettas... when hers grows up.. I do plan to get a betta of my own (crowned tail that is for a ten gallon tank).... no wonder everyone has them.. they are beautiful fish....

FL CommunityFans
Addicts.

All of you!!!!

Angela_96
Addicts.

All of you!!!!

Multitank syndrome just hasn't hit you yet... but it will

Allie
Addicts.

All of you!!!!
Just b/c I have 6, errr 7 betta (one is coming from Thailand) plus all the other fish doesn't make me an addict.

Martinismommy
This is why I visit this site! I'm an addict in denial just like the rest of you

Shawnie
I Have a flying betta! he still fits the rest of the descriptions....piggie, beautiful, personal, etc....

FL CommunityFans
Multitank syndrome just hasn't hit you yet... but it will

Oh it hasn't? We have a 55g, a 29g, and a 10g. ANd that's only cause we can't fit anymore in the house =D

Allie
Oh it hasn't? We have a 55g, a 29g, and a 10g. ANd that's only cause we can't fit anymore in the house =D
That not MTS, we have 10 tank in our living room. ;D

luna
I feel this is an appropriate time to refer you all to my poll:

FL CommunityFans
That not MTS, we have 10 tank in our living room. ;D

Well I need a bigger house first!

*pouts*

lol.

Once I finish getting my BSN and get licensed as a CRNA, my dream is to have a 2500 sq ft home with an 500sw ft addition on it which would be my fish room. A 300gallon tank set up for mbunas is my dream =D

Angela_96

*pouts*

lol.

Once I finish getting my BSN and get licensed as a CRNA, my dream is to have a 2500 sq ft home with an 500sw ft addition on it which would be my fish room. A 300gallon tank set up for mbunas is my dream =D

I am a resp therapist, when my 2 year old goes to school I am going back to school prob for the same thing you are doing, great choice in jobs! I would love to have a den w/ a concrete floor.. and then I could have the largest tank that I want!!! Right now though, unfortunatly we live in a doublewide... so we are limited on tank size... but just in our living room, we have a 55, 36 bowfront, on the comp desk a 5g.. in my kitchen on a counter next to my cookbooks I have my 10 gallon tank.... my hubby mentioned "supporting" the floor under the house and gettng a 90g tank one day soon.... I "support" that idea..... fully! then moving the 55 across the living room.... and doing a "south american" theme...

what kills me on the house thing, my husband has a degree in enviromental science/wildlife management w/ chem as a minor... we were watching the "snakehead" special on ngc last night, he could have a job fishing for a living, making a ton of money... he instead is a paramedic.. he enjoys taking care of people... go figure... some do it for money.. he likes to do it for the patient care. He said if he had to fish or be in the woods for a living he would hate to fish/hunt for a hobby.... (tell that to the wife who is sending in the student loan payment) but we could possible have already had our big house w/ his working in his line of knowledge/degree that he has.... but we will one day... w/ lots of work and patience...

COBettaCouple
You can NOT resist the power of the Betta!

Blub
Hi!

You mean - the Betta splendens? I don't think I have one of those... MalachaI is a pig on fins! Umm... Yeah - he's one of my red wag platys that I separate from the female RWP's (I have 4 of those) so they don't breed...

Allie

*pouts*

lol.

We live in a 2 bedroom apartment. No kids just 4 cats and lots of tanks.
Personally I find tanks above 50-60 gallons overwhelming. My bf takes care of our 120g. A friend of ours has a 240g and it takes forever to see the fish. Unless he has huge fish which he did. Midas, RTC, all kinds of big weird fish.
Another person had 130g with 130 LM african cichlids. It was ridiculous...you could barely see the fish .

Angela_96
You know if we end up w/ a 100 gallon tank or larger I think we would prob have oscars in it... my husband was really wanting oscars then when researching the fish we found that we couldn't have them because we couldn' thave the tank to fit an oscar in our house... so that would be the ideal fish for that size tank.. and you could def see the fish.

FL CommunityFans
We live in a 2 bedroom apartment. No kids just 4 cats and lots of tanks.
Personally I find tanks above 50-60 gallons overwhelming. My bf takes care of our 120g. A friend of ours has a 240g and it takes forever to see the fish. Unless he has huge fish which he did. Midas, RTC, all kinds of big weird fish.
Another person had 130g with 130 LM african cichlids. It was ridiculous...you could barely see the fish .

That may be true, but I'm one to just lay in the tank and destress after a rough day with the kids, once we get them to bed. Just watching the one lone fish, out of the few hundred, snip at the sand while swimming around is 'nice' to me. I'd rather have that than a $5k+ big screen.

As far as upkeep and what not, nothing is hard to me anymore after raising 2 girls ;p (even if one is just 10 months old!! she may as well be 18 already little miss independent!) Maybe I'll have to concrete the yard, so there's no lawn to mow, then I can use the 'lawn' time to take care of the fish tanks!! lol Sounds like a plan I think

Angela_96
That may be true, but I'm one to just lay in the tank and destress after a rough day with the kids, once we get them to bed. Just watching the one lone fish, out of the few hundred, snip at the sand while swimming around is 'nice' to me. I'd rather have that than a $5k+ big screen.

As far as upkeep and what not, nothing is hard to me anymore after raising 2 girls ;p (even if one is just 10 months old!! she may as well be 18 already little miss independent!) Maybe I'll have to concrete the yard, so there's no lawn to mow, then I can use the 'lawn' time to take care of the fish tanks!! lol Sounds like a plan I think

For the lawn, get a riding mower... lol and have a boy... (well my oldest is 6... but his chore when he is old enough will be the yard he he he...for pay though, this is a child that is showered w/ toys and namebrand clothes) Actually heres another idea... my mother gave me... fish water, use it to water your flowers... (I am going to try it this year anyways)...

My husband and I already have the ritual of sitting by our 55 w/ chairs every night we have time to w/ the tv off just watching the fish... its so relaxing... and not mind rotting like tv.. and no reruns...

Allie
That may be true, but I'm one to just lay IN the tank and destress after a rough day with the kids, once we get them to bed. Just watching the one lone fish, out of the few hundred, snip at the sand while swimming around is 'nice' to me. I'd rather have that than a $5k+ big screen.

You lay in the tank eh?
Once your large tank is cycled, the actual upkeep of the tank is easy. As long as you have a Python for water changes it's really easy. I had an 80g, but arthritis took over my right shoulder so I couldn't clean as well. I am pretty upset about it. I can't doing anything with my right arm for long. Grr!!
A few fish in a big tank would be cool.

FL CommunityFans
You lay in the tank eh?

HAHAHA That's even funnier, because I told my oldest (5yo) that if daddy ever got a 'big' tank (200g+) I would throw her in with the fishes to go swimming. She thought it was cool, til she saw a huge gar on display at Petland. I felt bad for the thing, it was at least 2.5ft long in a 200-300g tank.

Angela_96
HAHAHA That's even funnier, because I told my oldest (5yo) that if daddy ever got a 'big' tank (200g+) I would throw her in with the fishes to go swimming. She thought it was cool, til she saw a huge gar on display at Petland. I felt bad for the thing, it was at least 2.5ft long in a 200-300g tank.

You know I have got sarcastic w/ my boss when he calls me and insist I come into work (I am the only prn-part time resp therapist he has so if I can't work he is stuck working the shift) that the only way I come in is if I put carson in w/ the cichlids and they watch him.... they say some cichlids are good parents..... lol....
I better not tell my boss that though... hes had to work 48hrs straight before because I had no babysitter and he had that many call ins... right now I am "on call" for a guy because his wife is preggo and due anytime... I can hear the despiration in my boss's voice...

COBettaCouple
It really says a lot about fish (and tv ) but it is more entertaining to watch our tanks.

Angela_96
It really says a lot about fish (and tv ) but it is more entertaining to watch our tanks.

SHHHHH don't tell the fish.. I'm scared they might go on strike for higher grade food.... I had to wait months for another new episode of house thanks to the writers strike.. my cichlids might hide in their rocks for days on me if they find out how entertaining they are....

Allie
SHHHHH don't tell the fish.. I'm scared they might go on strike for higher grade food.... I had to wait months for another new episode of house thanks to the writers strike.. my cichlids might hide in their rocks for days on me if they find out how entertaining they are....

Tazmiche
Addict!?!?! me??? nahhhh OK so a chunk of my monthly wage dissolves in water, tastes like brine shrimp and bloodworms!!!! I like seafood....what can I say!!?? OK yes so I am allergic to shellfish etc!!!!oh this here.....in the water??!! That is my hamster, yes nice wet suit!! swimming lesson yes!!Olympics this year....yes he said he is going for the BETTA look this year!!!! GO BUTCH GO!!!!!! Shut up Sky they will rumble us!!!!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JLAquatics
  • Question
Replies
Views
ForceTen
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies