FishLore now offering direct advertising/sponsorship opportunities

1. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

We are now offering direct advertising/sponsorship opportunities to aquarium related businesses.

If you or your business would like to get into the ad rotation please visit FishLore Sponsorship Opportunities

We currently have two signed up:

Welcome to HealthyTanks.com and CoralLore.com!

HealthyTanks.com provides software to help you establish and maintain a healthy aquarium.

CoralLore.com provides coral information and sells coral frags. This is actually a good friend of mine that is seriously addicted to growing corals.

I'll maintain a list of sponsors here: List of Fish Lore Sponsors. Please shop our sponsor's and support them since they help keep Fish Lore going.

Thanks for reading,
    Mike

2. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

How does the current advertising work? Are the ads based on our geography? I see my MD office being advertised.

3. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

What I've been seeing on the banners have been ads based on search patterns (though they could also be based on IP address). For example, I'm a nerd, and I search for nerdy stuff, so I'm seeing ads for video games and anime and the like. My wife has done some clothes shopping, so I'm seeing ads for women's clothes, as well.

However, Mike is talking about having direct sponsors. These folks will have prime ad space (and the potential to take part in the forum, answer questions about [and push] their products).

4. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh I see. I wouldnt mind. Sponsors would be a great way to buy products. The Planted Tank has sponsors and people can buy fish stuff online. I like the idea myself.

5. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Oh that explains CoralLore! When I first saw that I though, wow, talk about "borrowing" a name for a website. But now that I see it's Mike's friend a have a warmer, fuzzier feeling about it.

6. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

yeah, that's a buddy of mine. I'm charging corallore double for ripping our site name. Don't tell Tom though. :)

7. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Your secret is safe with me!