Fishlore images not working through Tapatalk.

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Mike,
It seems that a recent update that happened around a couple of weeks ago has broke image codes and on tapatalk, they come up as code. If you click on them, it comes up that there's a lack of permission to view said images.

They work in the preview - like your looking through a board, but once in a topic they dont work.

Any possibility on making it tapatalk friendly?

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
aussieJJDude said:
Hi Mike,
It seems that a recent update that happened around a couple of weeks ago has broke image codes and on tapatalk, they come up as code. If you click on them, it comes up that there's a lack of permission to view said images.

They work in the preview - like your looking through a board, but once in a topic they dont work.

Agree.

Have to copy paste the thread in a browser to see the pics.

Brizburk

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
aussieJJDude said:
Hi Mike,

That's also the issue with Android app. iTunes app also isn't displaying properly. I recently posted a similar thread. Thank you for posting as well the more we all say "hey the new update didn't" the quicker they'll hunt down the problem

DoubleDutch said:
Agree.

I tried accessing the website through my phone - nope. The old version was better

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DoubleDutch said:
Agree.

Yes. Been doing the same. Major Pain

I also saw the thread about the app, but not the one about tapatalk. Must be a related issue even though the software is different.

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The app use to be good. I really have to say it sucks now. Never see any pictures, notifications don't show up. I honestly don't mind going online with a PC , but I don't have a PC. Only time I use a pc is at the library. I don't get there very often, unfortunately. The answer users get is to use the web browser on the phone. My question is this...Why is the app still up? If the issues aren't gonna be fixed then why not just shut it down? I keep holding out with the hope that the app will someday work like it use to. I will eventually just delete the app, and use the forum when I have time to get to the library.

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dave125g said:
The app use to be good. I really have to say it sucks now. Never see any pictures, notifications don't show up. I honestly don't mind going online with a PC , but I don't have a PC. Only time I use a pc is at the library. I don't get there very often, unfortunately. The answer users get is to use the web browser on the phone. My question is this...Why is the app still up? If the issues aren't gonna be fixed then why not just shut it down? I keep holding out with the hope that the app will someday work like it use to. I will eventually just delete the app, and use the forum when I have time to get to the library.
IMO, if thats the direction things end up heading to, I think there's going to be a loss in activity on here. Another forum I use to frequent, was incredibly lively. Then all the admin basically stopped visiting, and issues/bugs started piling up. Eventually it became a ghost town and I ended up leaving for greener pastures that actually had a working (and lively) site.

It kinda sucks that this is the attitude from here. If app is problematic, fix or pull it from to store. If tapatalk compatibility is too much of a hassle - IMO it shouldnt, i dont have much access on my PC as I do phone, plus tapatalk notifications work well for me! - then pull it from the tapatalk group, dont give people some patchwork garbage that no one wants.

Brizburk

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Dave125g said:
Oh geez I hope they fix the app because going to a web browser on a phone is just inconvenient when apps are there to make the site useful on a mobile device. Also the web browser doesn't work as intended on my phone, maybe it's just my phone...?

Mike

Is the Fishlore app going away?

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi - the app is developed by tapatalk and man it is a pain. I'm having trouble logging into the tapatalk forum owners area to see if there is a new version needed and/or generate the latest app versions. Emailed them this morning and still haven't heard back yet.

I've planned on removing it eventually from the app stores but it may be going away sooner than expected. Will post back when I find out more info.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I guess I'm weird. I prefer the desktop site. Even on my phone...that is what I choose. I've always preferred the format over the app. And it formats to my phone just fine. You need to make sure it's in mobile mode and not desktop mode....

I only use the app to add photos. I find it to be easier.

TWiG87

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
bizaliz3 said:
I guess I'm weird. I prefer the desktop site. Even on my phone...that is what I choose. I've always preferred the format over the app. And it formats to my phone just fine. You need to make sure it's in mobile mode and not desktop mode....

I agree completely. The mobile version in safari offers more functionality than the app and correctly displays all photos, quotes and alerts. I was excited to find the FL app, but it is a bit of a letdown

Brizburk

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Mike said:
Hi - the app is developed by tapatalk and man it is a pain. I'm having trouble logging into the tapatalk forum owners area to see if there is a new version needed and/or generate the latest app versions. Emailed them this morning and still haven't heard back yet.

I've planned on removing it eventually from the app stores but it may be going away sooner than expected. Will post back when I find out more info.
Oh I hope the app doesn't go away. I feel like I'm alone or one of the few who use Fishlore only from the app on my phone.

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bizaliz3 said:

The problem is with desktop mode I can't read the text. Not even with my reeding glasses on, so I have to zoom in then zoom out. The app was so much better.

aussieJJDude said:
IMO, if thats the direction things end up heading to, I think there's going to be a loss in activity on here. Another forum I use to frequent, was incredibly lively. Then all the admin basically stopped visiting, and issues/bugs started piling up. Eventually it became a ghost town and I ended up leaving for greener pastures that actually had a working (and lively) site.

It kinda sucks that this is the attitude from here. If app is problematic, fix or pull it from to store. If tapatalk compatibility is too much of a hassle - IMO it shouldnt, i dont have much access on my PC as I do phone, plus tapatalk notifications work well for me! - then pull it from the tapatalk group, dont give people some patchwork garbage that no one wants.
I've been a member here for a long time. Unfortunately I may be a ghost on this site too.
Brizburk said:
Oh geez I hope they fix the app because going to a web browser on a phone is just inconvenient when apps are there to make the site useful on a mobile device. Also the web browser doesn't work as intended on my phone, maybe it's just my phone...?
It doesn't work very well on my phone either. Plus I'm use to using the app. Most times when I go on the web view every thread I tap on opens up the app. Grrrrrr.

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Normally i dont mind using web verison, but since having tapatalk. Notifications that I want/need come to my phone, and I dont miss out on them like i do with the web version. (Plus i love tapatalk layout, very easy to use as its rather straightforward.

ajoyfulbettta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
aussieJJDude said:
Normally i dont mind using web verison, but since having tapatalk. Notifications that I want/need come to my phone, and I dont miss out on them like i do with the web version. (Plus i love tapatalk layout, very easy to use as its rather straightforward.
i’m with you here. except that you can max out on photos if you’re not a vip, and then i have to make my post and post it, then go to the FL app and post pics from there where they don’t show up on the FL app, but show up very very odd looking from tapatalk. still love the forum!

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Dave125g said:
The problem is with desktop mode I can't read the text. Not even with my reeding glasses on, so I have to zoom in then zoom out. The app was so much better.
Right. Like I said....you need it in mobile mode. NOT desktop mode.

Brizburk

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
bizaliz3 said:
Right. Like I said....you need it in mobile mode. NOT desktop mode.
Can you tell is how to change to mobile mode?

Screenshot_20200219-185252.jpg

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Brizburk said:

It appears yours is in mobile mode. If you had desktop mode it would be very small like this...
Screenshot_20200220-142313_Chrome.jpg

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Brizburk said:

bizaliz3 said:
It appears yours is in mobile mode. If you had desktop mode it would be very small like this...
Screenshot_20200220-142313_Chrome.jpg
On mobile devices (phones) the forum should automatically switch to a responsive mobile layout. I'm not sure how you can switch it to desktop mode?

What browsers are you guys using on your phones? Try safari on apple or chrome/firefox on android and see how the forum looks.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mike said:
On mobile devices (phones) the forum should automatically switch to a responsive mobile layout. I'm not sure how you can switch it to desktop mode?

What browsers are you guys using on your phones? Try safari on apple or chrome/firefox on android and see how the forum looks.
Mine defaults to mobile. I have to intentionally change it to desktop mode if I wanted to view it that way for some reason. Which I never do. But I've had to change other websites to desktop mode for them to perform properly. That's how I knew how to do it.

I assumed when Dave said it was super tiny and he had to zoom in....that he must not have it in the mobile format.

I find the font on the mobile website to be the same size as the font in the app. So I'm not sure why else it would appear smaller to Dave unless he accidentally had it in desktop mode.

Most websites do default to mobile when people are using devices.

Jack B Nimble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Al.least you guys see photos all I get to see is writtung. Been a month and getting tired may have to move on.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads