Fishlore has been super glitchy lately

WrenFeenix

No matter what unit/platform I use, this website doesn't work correctly. Whenever I log in, it takes moving through a few pages for it to register the fact I have logged in. After I have logged out, the website has trouble registering the fact that I have logged out. Certain aspects of the website also don't work correctly; like posts disappearing and then reappearing sometime later, uploading posts that don't make it for some reason and just vanish, and sentences while writing posts sometimes delete themselves when I press the Enter key. Like a previous thread mentioned, loading times are also extremely long.

Refreshing the page, closing the browser, deleting history, or rebooting the unit do not fix these problems. I even reset my router, and it didn't help.

All these issues are especially bad on iOS, to the point where the website is pretty much unusable, but that may be from Apple's recent tragedy of an update.

If you guys could find out what's going on, I would be most grateful! Thanks!

Coradee

You’re not alone, I’ve been finding it similarly glitchy lately too, it’s not a lot better when I switch to Chrome either

Fisch

No problems here....I am the lucky one!!

Utar

I also have been experiencing problems here on Fishlore. I am using an old computer with windows 7 64 bit and firefox for my browser. For my internet connection I use my Verizon cell phone. Last night I logged on to fishlore and had to give up because it was so slow to use. Even when I pressed the like button it would take a long to to react.

JettsPapa

No issues here, with Chrome on my desktop or Firefox on my android phone.

StarGirl

No issues here. Win10 on Chrome. Android on Chrome.

WrenFeenix

Hey, what's happening?! The site has gone crazy all of the sudden! I keep getting logged out and logged in every other page.

WrenFeenix

Whatever’s going on, it’s so bad now, I can barely use the site on any device no matter what I do. It took me a while to even get to the point where I could write and post this, and I probably won’t be able to do so again or read any replies for a while.

It’s like the website’s memory for me is fragmented.

mimo91088

I haven't had these specific issues. But I was having trouble tagging people with @ recently.

Coradee

I’m still having issues too, Mike’s doing his best trying to find out what the problem is, fingers crossed it’s something easy to fix

Kjeldsen

Using Windows 10 with Chrome, it's been wonky for me for about a week, but nothing major. A couple of times it had me logged in as WrenFeenix, then Rose of Sharon. I even tried posting as them, but then it said "Oops, there's a problem". That seems to be cleared up, but before I log in, if I look around the forums they seem to frozen in time from a few days ago. Only after I log in will they refresh will updated replies and placement.

BettasAreSuperior

No issues here. I am on a chrome book. Though sometimes it does act up a bit. Double posting messages and deleting some times and some other issues. Hopefully, it will get fixed! Like Coradee said.
Coradee said:
I’m still having issues too, Mike’s doing his best trying to find out what the problem is, fingers crossed it’s something easy to fix

StarGirl

Win 10- Chrome just really slow sometimes. That could be anything.

Mike

Lucy found that white listing fishlore in adblock helped clear up some issues she was having with the site. We use ezoic for ads and it sounds like adblock is blocking those scripts even when no ads are being shown to members. So might be worth a shot white listing and seeing if it improves the lag/glitches.

WrenFeenix

Sorry to prolong your headache, but I'm still in a pickle.

I whitelisted this site on both my laptop and my iPhone. On my laptop, Firefox has AdBlock Plus. My iPhone has Safari and AdGuard. Both devices are still having the same problems with this website, and both now run this site slower, probably from loading ads. The ads take forever to load.
I also keep getting security error messages.

Mike

Sorry you are still having difficulties.. If you are seeing ads and you are logged into the forum then that is a problem. Can you PM me a screen shot of your screen with the ads while you are logged in? Can you try getting the chrome browser app on your iphone and see if the site works ok on that? And/or try completely disabling the adblock stuff while on this site and see if it fixes things. Then turn the adblock stuff back on once you are done testing.

WrenFeenix

Kjeldsen said:
Using Windows 10 with Chrome, it's been wonky for me for about a week, but nothing major. A couple of times it had me logged in as WrenFeenix, then Rose of Sharon. I even tried posting as them, but then it said "Oops, there's a problem". That seems to be cleared up, but before I log in, if I look around the forums they seem to frozen in time from a few days ago. Only after I log in will they refresh will updated replies and placement.
I’ve been getting this too. Occasionally on random pages my profile will turn into “Rose of Sharon” or another username. This had stopped for a while and now it’s happening again.

I've made some progress:
The ads actually don’t show up when I’m logged in, but since that changes between pages, it was hard to tell. I found out that for me, Fishlore does not behave any different if my adblocker is enabled or not. Everything is also the same across all browsers; only being on a separate device makes a difference. I think something might be up with the server itself; it seems to be imprinting on very specific pages at in specific points in time, however, whatever pages it's fixated on is different on different devices. Idk, maybe it has something to do with the server's internal clock or how the server communicates with IP addresses, device ID's, etc.

Waiting for a while seems to be the only thing that helps. When it really starts misbehaving, I’ll need to wait for a week until it “forgets” the pages it’s hung up on before I can access the threads I want to use.

I really do appreciate your help, Mike!

Latest threads

Top Bottom