Fishlore.Com

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate this website. I'm a grown woman who never had fish growing up, just hampters and dogs. When Valentine's Day came around this year my husband asked me what I wanted. Well, I couldn't think of anything (unusual I know). We were walking around Wal-Mart, me trying to find something I would like to have that I wouldn't think of buying for myself. We were walking by the pet section, when I spotted the aquariums. Now, I've never given them a second thought, or even went to look at the fish before. But this day I walked down the aisle to look at the fish, then the tanks they had for sale. A light went off in my head, I WANT A FISH TANK! I'd never had one before, or even wanted one before. But I got to thinking about a friend that used to babysit for me, and the fish tank she had. When I was over at her house, we turned the lights off and watched the fish swim around. It was sooo relaxing. I thought to myself, "I want that at my house". My kids are grown and moved out so I needed a hobby. Needless to say, I made my husband buy me a 10 gal. setup for Valentine's Day. I told him I would buy the fish and acsessories. I didn't know about cycling a tank then. I waited 24 hours like the clerk told me to, but she didn't say anything about testing the water, or cycling the tank. Needless to say, I lost some fish thru the cycling process, my three panda cory's are the only ones who survived. Plus the baby from the first platy I bought (didn't know she was pregnant when I bought her).
If it hadn't been for this website, I'd never had known about cycling and how important bacteria was. I tell all my friends about this website and how helpful it is.

I just wanted to say Thank You to all the members here.

I spend hours watching my fish now, I even went out and bought a "fish watching chair" to sit in beside my tank. They all have their own personality, and I love them all, even the ones I lost. :'(

Mothers Day is coming up and I've been hinting at a 55 gal. ;D

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Multiple Tank Syndrome LOL

Even those of us who have sworn never to fall prey to it have gone down into its depths. I now have 3 tanks and I did not ever think I could keep one going.

Yes this group and these wonderful people are a hard group to match. I have friends I have met here that I cherish. The group and all its members are some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to know.

Welcome and here's hoping we have a long and interesting relationship with you. Please feel free to pick any of our brains or just sit there and laugh with us at some of the strange things our funny little friends do occasionally do. It is a great life. (as you already know it seems)

Rose
Chickadee

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chickadee for the warm welcome. I feel like I've been adopted into a new (fishey) family.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome!!! We ARE all family and we have fish (among other things)in common.
Carol

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
One symptom of MTS is slight insanity. I think I can set up my new 20g but I have $6 in my wallet. And I still need plants, test kits, food, various other supplies, fish...
;D :

;D ;D ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom