65 Gallon Tank Fishless cycling sucess

Aquaricky

After the my last fail, i decided to push for another try few days later, this time, fishless cycling and doing every step right starting by a full cleaning of the tank and stuff related too, following by the filtration

I decided to put some money on the inflow / outflow piping, my canister is good but the plastic piping going with wasnt

20210916_083048.jpg

Those are stainless dymax lily. I took a old sponge filter from the small cycled tank and add it as only filtration layer for the meanwhile

Filtration done, i turned on the filtration system. For the amonia source, i used fish food (auto feader every 24 hours to make sure the bacteria get enough amonia to nitryfing)

My small tank was and is still running, cycled reading 20 ppm nitrate, 0 amonia, 0 nitrite,

i bought for 8 kg of substrate gravel dymax for the 65 gallon, put them in few mech bag and transfered inside my small tank (for make the bacteria collonise the substrate), same with all my decor. I also put my media filter (matrix seachem and purigen) in the power filter

Everything ready, i leave my condo the 17 september and back the 27

I transfer everything that i put in small tank in the big one, 48 hours later, reading of nitrite and nitrate while the amonia was dratistically going down, 1 october, 5ppm nitrate 0 amonia / 0 nitrite

I added few fish : 2 guppie, 3 platy, 2 mollie

As for this morning

20211004_063451.jpg

20211004_063512.jpg

Api test for nitrate is hard to read when its between 5 to 15 ppm (color look alike)
I test for amonia and since the fish are in, daily, the reading for the last 3 days is 0.25 (do the aquarium adjusting because of the fish ?)

Story of a folks who previously failed doing a fish in cycling

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Baasy
Replies
Views
Kycichlidguy
Replies
Views
Biagio
Replies