Fishless cycling. Am i doing it right help please - Page 2

Rsha94

Another update guys, i managed to get 0 nitrites, finally. It took 48 hours to go to 0. This was last night. I dosed ammonia again last night, and today it is still 2-5 ppm so I’m hoping by tomorrow it is 0 again. Does 0 nitrites in 48 hours mean I’m any closer to finishing?
Also, still having pH problems. I dosed tetra easy balance 2 days ago, purely because i had it at home and it says on the bottle that it stabilises pH and Kh. It did bring my pH to 7.2 (same as my tap water) however that has gone to 6.8-7 again today.
It also got rid of my nitrates. Is this ok
Have i made a mistake by dosing this? Does anyone have any experience with tetra easy balance?
Any advise would be appreciated, thank you.

HKsai

Another update guys, i managed to get 0 nitrites, finally. It took 48 hours to go to 0. This was last night. I dosed ammonia again last night, and today it is still 2-5 ppm so I’m hoping by tomorrow it is 0 again. Does 0 nitrites in 48 hours mean I’m any closer to finishing?
Also, still having pH problems. I dosed tetra easy balance 2 days ago, purely because i had it at home and it says on the bottle that it stabilises pH and Kh. It did bring my pH to 7.2 (same as my tap water) however that has gone to 6.8-7 again today.
It also got rid of my nitrates. Is this ok
Have i made a mistake by dosing this? Does anyone have any experience with tetra easy balance?
Any advise would be appreciated, thank you.
I would use crush coral or aragonite sand to stabilize PH.

Rsha94

I would use crush coral or aragonite sand to stabilize PH.
Do you know where i can get that from? i’m from the UK.
Also how much would i need for a 118litre tank? i think that’s approximately 31 gallons.

HKsai

Do you know where i can get that from? i’m from the UK.
Also how much would i need for a 118litre tank? i think that’s approximately 31 gallons.
I think most pet store or fish store would have it.
mattgirl told me half a cup per 10gallon? I just fill a handful and let it dissolve. It will usually buffer the PH around 7-7.2 (in my case). The more acidic the water, the quicker it dissolves. It’s a nice and natural way of making water more neutral when your water is leaning toward more acidic. Just remember to rinse it before you use it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question
Replies
Views
sdf
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies