Fishless Cycle Using Tss+

1. B

Badet222 Valued Member Member

Hello there everyone...just wanna ask something about the fishless cycle...i used the tss+ and fish food in cycling my 5.5 tank...and it was my 7th day today.....just wanna ask for opinion if im already cycled by this results....
    My tank is still a bit milky cloudy since im using fish food in a mesh....
    Thank you so much...

Attached Files:

2. m

minervalong Well Known Member Member

If not complete, almost there.

3. OP
    OP
    B

Okay....still need to complete the 2weeks? Thanks

4. m

minervalong Well Known Member Member

yep, just to be on the safe side. your ammonia looks to be 0 and your nitrItes 0 with high levels of nitrAtes indicating a full cycle. So test again in three days, I would expect ammonia 0, nitrItes 0 and nitrAtes off the charts. If this is the case, you can do a 75% water change, check the nitrAtes again. Keep doing 50% water changes until you get it down to about 10, then you are ready for a couple of inhabitants.

@AllieSten, am I telling him right?

5. OP
    OP
    B

Okay....so i need to lower down the nitrates by doing the water changes? Thanks...im not sure about the next thing to do thats why i posted this threaf...thabk you so much

6. Caitlin86

Caitlin86 Well Known Member Member

I personally don't like cycling with fish food bc its hard 2 be accurate vs. cycling with pure ammonia. U r cycled when ur BB can consume ammonia and nitrite turning it in2 nitrate in 24 hours. Looks like u r super close 2 being cycled.

7. OP
    OP
    B

Thanks.... i just used the fish food coz im afraid i might have difficulties of titrating the dose of liquid ammonia...and this is the first time i did this...