Fishless Cycle Using Tss+

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Badet222, Jul 30, 2017.

1. B

Badet222 Valued Member Member

Hello there everyone...just wanna ask something about the fishless cycle...i used the tss+ and fish food in cycling my 5.5 tank...and it was my 7th day today.....just wanna ask for opinion if im already cycled by this results....
    My tank is still a bit milky cloudy since im using fish food in a mesh....
    Thank you so much...

Attached Files:

2. m

minervalong Well Known Member Member

If not complete, almost there.

3. OP
    OP
    B

Okay....still need to complete the 2weeks? Thanks

4. m

minervalong Well Known Member Member

yep, just to be on the safe side. your ammonia looks to be 0 and your nitrItes 0 with high levels of nitrAtes indicating a full cycle. So test again in three days, I would expect ammonia 0, nitrItes 0 and nitrAtes off the charts. If this is the case, you can do a 75% water change, check the nitrAtes again. Keep doing 50% water changes until you get it down to about 10, then you are ready for a couple of inhabitants.

@AllieSten, am I telling him right?

5. OP
    OP
    B

Okay....so i need to lower down the nitrates by doing the water changes? Thanks...im not sure about the next thing to do thats why i posted this threaf...thabk you so much

6. Caitlin86

Caitlin86 Well Known Member Member

I personally don't like cycling with fish food bc its hard 2 be accurate vs. cycling with pure ammonia. U r cycled when ur BB can consume ammonia and nitrite turning it in2 nitrate in 24 hours. Looks like u r super close 2 being cycled.

7. OP
    OP
    B

Thanks.... i just used the fish food coz im afraid i might have difficulties of titrating the dose of liquid ammonia...and this is the first time i did this...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice