Hey y’all! I’m new here and decided to pop on to ask for help on my nitrogen cycle. I am about 6 weeks into the fishless cycle, and I have been using the API freshwater master test kit. I used Dr. Tim’s ammonia to start the cycle, and the ammonia was at 4 ppm to start, but it only ever decreased when I would do a water change, and the nitrite levels have increased to 1 ppm and back to 0 ppm as of today, and the nitrate levels increased from 0 ppm to 40 ppm over the course of the cycle. After doing a water change, the ammonia levels have been at 1 ppm for about 2 weeks now. I don’t understand how the ammonia doesn’t change but the nitrite and nitrate levels indicate that the cycle is complete. The test kit isn’t expired. My ph is 7.2, the temp is 82 degrees, I dechlorinate the water at every water change, and I have live plants. There is also about .50 ppm ammonia in my tap water already, but I figured the bacteria would still be able to consume it. Thanks to anyone who can help!