Fishless Cycle : Feeding My Tank Question

1. Maricalue Member Member

Hello all,

it is my first time cycling a tank and now I am a little nervous. I started my tank on june 18th.

Here is my parameters since the beginning (in French but words are fairly the same):
    Capture d'écran 2017-07-13 13.49.11.png

I know the theory of the cycling process. I am wondering, though, if I am feeding my tank enough. I pour a bit of my RES turtle food every now and then so there is always at least a piece rotting.

I am using the API freshwater master test kit. Not sure if my reading is right, a lot of the color seams the same!

Thank you.

2. toolman Well Known Member Member

Many times cycling takes 4-6 weeks or longer. Your cycle appears roughly 2/3 of the way done. Using food to feed the cycle can make it slower in my opinion than if using ammonia.

Keep patient, looks like everything is progressing normally.

3. Maricalue Member Member

Alright! Thank you.
    I couldn't find ammonia here in Canada (Quebec actually). There is none at my lps so...

4. Celestialgirl Well Known Member Member

I found some at a Home Hardware store, Old Country brand. I don't know where you are in Quebec but I googled the store at there's at least a few around, depending on where you live.

5. Maricalue Member Member

Thank you, I'll check that!

6. toolman Well Known Member Member

Sorry you can't get it, have never used it myself. That's the advantage of having 3, soon to be 4 tanks. Lol

Plenty of filters to steal media from.