Fishies Post Move

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by DevDarling, Aug 24, 2019.

1. DevDarling

DevDarlingValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +48
    I recently moved about 1,300 miles to a new state and I brought my pets on the drive with me; including my fish.

Unfortunately I did have slight casualties in the form of three dead neon tetras (they survived the three day drive but died at the new house).

Everyone else is looking quite happy though, especially in my betta boys new divided 10g tank. -they had previously been in a 10g each but due to space and resources at the moment they are in a divided until I get my 55g set up and can move them to a divided 20g.-
    https://i.imgur.com/HkqYT4z.mp4

Attached Files:

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +3,982
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Sorry you lost a few but glad the majority made it, moving is always stressful, for us & our pets.

3. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +492
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Yay for you taking your pets with you! #1 reason I see animals at shelters or being given away is because someone is moving. I've always felt that's like leaving a family member behind. "Sorry, kids, new house doesn't allow kids. We'll find you a new home, don't worry."

I'm sure a divided tank is better than whatever they were in during travel! I'd be stressing the whole way over the fish.

4. OP
    OP
    DevDarling

DevDarlingValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +48
    I see it all the time too and I can’t stand it. My dogs have been with me for seven years and that’s not going to change just because of a move. In fact we made sure this house had a yard and was set up to accommodate them as well. I brought one of my dogs back with me from Bahrain and both have made one cross country move with me, what’s one more move.
    The fish were a concern for me and my mom wanted me to leave them but I love my fish and stood firm lol.
    On the trip the Bettas were in their cups so yes, they greatly appreciated the tank