Fishgirly’s Mini Fish Room Adventures 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by FishGirly, Aug 18, 2019.

1. FishGirly

FishGirlyNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +13
    I decided to create a little thread to keep track of my mini fish room. Sort of to come back to it every once in a while and see how much it has changed. This is a Hallway closet that was next to my room that I turned into my Mini Closet Room.

I also wanted to share my tanks as well. Any tips and comments are always appreciated :)

Tank 1:
    • 10 Gallons
    • x8 Neon Tetras
    • X5 Neocaridina Shrimp
    • Some Ghost Shrimp
    • Some Pest Snails

Tank 2:
    • 10 Gallons
    • 4 Pea Puffers
    • 3 Ottos

Tank 3:
    • 10 Gallons
    • Some Mystery Snails
    • 1 Large Ghost Shrimp

Tank 4:
    • 10 Gallons
    • 1 Male Betta
    • 6 Ember Tetras
    • 6 Pygmy Salt and Pepper Cory

Each tank has pretty much the same setup.
    Same tank, same light, a glass top, a thermometer, a heater, an internal filter and then another sponge filter.

Attached Files:

2. AJ34

AJ34Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +165
    Experience:
    1 year
    I really like your fishroom closet!!! I watch creative petkeeping alot on youtube and she uses a closet as well. My closets are pretty weird set ups and jammed with junk...but if I ever move into another place and I have a simple closet like that I think I would totally do the same thing. My husband is already talking retirment smaller place blah blah and we are only in our mid 30s. Currently my tanks are just basically in every room of my house wherever they fit and have outlets. Love the dwarf puffers, lost mine today really stinks they are awesome and unique lilttle fish! Your planted tanks are awesome, I just started with live plants a few months ago and haven't had much success.

3. OP
    OP
    FishGirly

FishGirlyNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +13

Aww thank you!
    I’ve had them on my room since forever. They were in an old shabby shelf that I was scared was going to fall apart any minute. I moved houses back in February though, and in the new house, the way the rooms are built, there was no comfortable way of placing my fishes. Plus the room floors are made of wood (and that’s no good for fish tanks and water changes). I improvised a little and got the idea of setting the fishes there in the closet. Its a big troublesome when something stops working though and I have to go through the cables all the way in the back that I can’t really see, but that’s ok, and plus, I don’t get to hear the sponge filters and vibrating motor noises at night :)

Is the pea puffers the one on your avatar? What a lovely little guy! Don’t get discouraged though! I saw in one of your threads that it might have been because of a power outage. There’s no way you could have prepared for that. So Sorry for your loss and may he swim in peace!

Don’t get discouraged by live plants either! The trick to then is finding the hardier ones that don’t easily die off and sticking with those. I’m currently experimenting with carpet plants and I’ve killed off many different ones in a small amount of time. Monte Carlo seems to be working...though right now my plant carpet is not the most beautiful looking but I’m hoping one day it’s look nicer :D
    Right now I’m the pictures you just see ugly chunks here and there.