Fishes not eating mini pellets (properly)

Alessa
Hi, I just recently got two dwarf gouramis and a platy. I was feeding them with flakes and I decided to give them some pellets (krill and spirulina). I noticed that they do not eat the pellets inmediately but rather wait until they sink and half an hour/one hour later start picking on them. Is this normal? should I keep feeding them pellets or just stick with the flakes?

Austin {Aquarist}
dfkjsl;kj

I think this is normal behavior. My fish do it all the time I like to think they are waiting for the pellets to soften or something I would feed them a variety of those foods :]

angelfish220
are they meant for platies and gouramis or are they ment for algae eaters?

Alessa
they are for "all kinds of fish"... Also I noticed that they don't like flakes that much either...

so... I don't know what to do! maybe I'm overfeeding? I was feeding them twice a day, no I think I'll feed them only once.

angelfish220
How much are you feeding? a fish's stomach is the size of their eyeball, so they fill up fast.

Alessa
twice a day.... ?

I've heard its ok to feed them 2ice but at this point I think that I'll start feeding them only once!

COBettaCouple
We feed ours twice a day but only half of the amount we would feed them each time. Your platy also would be happy to have a buddy or 2 of the same gender (if you don't want them having fry).

Alessa
yeah, I am just waiting for my tank to be stable so that I can add more fishes...

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Cara
Replies
Views
kbn
Replies
Views
jhigg008
Replies