Fishes keep dying with all efforts I've put in

moongirl1177

I have some Neon Tetras in my tank. 4 days ago, I've notices one of them has white spots on it. I know it is ICH. I've got ICH-X and treated the tank with it. And since my quarantine tank is occupied with my new Betta fish. so I've decided to treat my entire main display tank where I keep my cherry shrimps, panda cories with neon tetras. I've also raised the temp to 84 with ICH-X after 4 days of treatment and daily water changes. Water parameters are good (I've tested it twice daily) but fishes are still dying one by one. I am very discouraged now, I get that I will lose fishes along the way into this hobby... but I don't get why my fishes still keep dying... any suggestions on what mistakes I've made?

A201

Unless the Directions on the Ich med specifically note the temperature to be raised, best not to do so.
The Heat method requires the temperature be raised between 86 -
89.5 degrees for 10 days.

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

Generally with ich-x you do not have to raise the temp- you use the heat method or the medication. You should also add an air stone if you are raising the temp as the warmer temp makes it harder for fish to use the available oxygen in the water. I am not sure but I think cories are sensitive to the chemicals in ich-x as they are catfish. Neon tetras are very sensitive to new tanks and usually want a mature (6 months) tank. Ich is usually something that occurs when a fish's immune system drops due to stress, aggressive tankmates, water parameters, temp changes, etc.

Upvote 0

moongirl1177

Unless the Directions on the Ich med specifically note the temperature to be raised, best not to do so.
The Heat method requires the temperature be raised between 86 -
89.5 degrees for 10 days.
thank you. I've changed temp back 78 gradually. but two more neon tetras are gone this morning.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CrackerboxPalace
Replies
Views
Unknown9182
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies