fish

1. eliscofield12

eliscofield12 Member Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I am planning on starting my second aquarium and was wanting to know what i should put in it. it is a 20 gall high and I want it to be a freshwater tropical community tank. i like the bolivian ram so I want some fish compatable with them if at all possible. If I can keep the bolivian rams in my tank how many should i do and what fish could be their tank mates. If I can not keep them what other centerpiece fish could I have besides gouramis, I already have 2 of those in my other tank.

Never mind on the Bolivian rams I ment German blue rams.

2. No Fishing

No Fishing Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Imo rams need at least 30 from what I've read although you could probably get by with a school of cory, small community school and a pair of GBR. GBR need warm temps though, around 82, so you want to make sure whatever you get with them should be temp compatable. Although like I said I'm pretty sure rams are suggested to he kept in a bigger tank.

3. OP
    OP
    eliscofield12

Ratings:
    +25
    Ok thanks from what I've read the only ram I could do is the GBR. So if it will work what else could I put in there.

4. No Fishing

No Fishing Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bronze, sterbai, albino, Alfonsi cory are temp compatible. I love the look of sterbai and they have great personalities too.

For schools, rummynose, cardinal or ember tetra are all compatable as well.

5. OP
    OP
    eliscofield12

Ratings:
    +25
    so could i do this.
    2 GBR
    6 sterbai cory
    10 cardinal tetras

6. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +5,026
    Think you mean Alfons' brother Adolfo

To me a 20G is quite small for schooling fish like cardinals and rummynoses though those are beauties.