Fish won't eat flake and freeze dried food after live foods

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by cbowlincatfish, Dec 16, 2012.

1. cbowlincatfish

cbowlincatfish Valued Member Member

On recommendations I started feeding my fish frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms, now the won't eat there flake and freeze dried food, froozen foods only. What do I do here. My plecos eat there wafers and zuccini and the S Dollars eat there lettuce. Is it okay to feed them the frozen food every day

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

If you only feed frozen once or twice a week they will get hungry and eat the other food :) It's really not good for them to eat frozen only. a good variety of food ensures a more balanced diet. I would not feed flake at the same time as the frozen.
    carol

3. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

welcome to the forum

Stop feeding the frozen foods. Fast the fish for 2-3 days and they'll start eating their staple food again.

4. b

backflipfronflip Well Known Member Member

+1 on the stopping of feeding frozen foods for a little bit. Try fasting them for a day and offering a very small amount of food, if they do not take it then fast them for another day. Just watch out that you do not over feed them, with them not eating anything you could easily foul the water with overfeeding.

Hunger will win out in the end and they will go back to the flakes.

5. OP
    OP
    cbowlincatfish

cbowlincatfish Valued Member Member

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice