Fish with Zebra Danios? 20 Gallon Tank 

Mikey Doodle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all! I have a 95L (approx 25 US Gallon / 21 UK Gallon) freshwater aquarium at home, currently housing 6 Zebra Danios. I would love to get some Rams (Possibly Bolivian) as they are beautiful fish! I have heard they are quite peaceful and social and don't tend to bother other fish, but would they be nervous with the Danios zooming about all over the place?

Any feedback would be great

Thanks!

Mikey

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bolivian rams actually end up being pretty bold little guys once they get used to your tank. I think they would do just fine with danios. Bolivians are generally much easier to keep, and much less demanding overall, than German blue rams, so if you are new to dwarf cichlids I would recommend starting with Bolivians. They have a lot of personality and are quite fun to keep, I bet you'd enjoy them.

Mikey Doodle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the reply

I have tried to research them as much as I can, but there is a lot of conflicting information out there, even from one LFS to the next! lol. I saw some quite a while ago and thought they would probably be very difficult to look after, but I'm more swaying towards them than anything else at the minute. I've only ever kept livebearers and bettas before, so having quite a few new experiences with this new tank!

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fishlore, Mikey Doodle!

I have bolivian rams and IMO, they'll do fine with danios. They do like to "chill out" sometimes, so you may want to have some caves for them, but they are awesome fish to keep! I personally consider them very hardy.

Mikey Doodle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
bolivianbaby said:
Welcome to Fishlore, Mikey Doodle!

I have bolivian rams and IMO, they'll do fine with danios. They do like to "chill out" sometimes, so you may want to have some caves for them, but they are awesome fish to keep! I personally consider them very hardy.
Thanks! There are another couple of bits I would like to put towards the back of my tank, both of which would make perfect caves, so will get those first before I get the rams!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads