Fish with the Biggest personality?

Biggest personality?

• Total voters
Blub
Hi!

There's quite a few Personality fish out there... But which one has the most?!

Allie
Betta seem to show the most personality for me as of so far. Our MalawI Africans are pretty personable too.

COBettaCouple
I think our Betta Splendens show the most personality. Our Angelfish Fred is pretty close though on personality and the Ameca Splendens come in a close 3rd.

Cherrry123
Betta deffinitly.

Blub
Hi!

I think Betta too.

finmama
My 3 dalmatian Molly girls have a lot of personality.

lalynya
Gotta go with the betta

angelfish220
sirdarksol
Koi, in my opinion.

Neville
Bettas got 6 votes! r u guys kidding, Bettas r nowhere near oscars when it comes to personality! I had bettas, they have personality but it's nothing if compared with Oscars!

Oscars r river dogs! they r almost like animals (not fish), u guys will not understand if u don't have one!

Oscar is the best Freshwater fish in the world!

Allie
Bettas got 6 votes! r u guys kidding, Bettas r nowhere near oscars when it comes to personality! I had bettas, they have personality but it's nothing if compared with Oscars!

Oscars r river dogs! they r almost like animals (not fish), u guys will not understand if u don't have one!

If you treat the betta the same way as an oscar their personalities are very similar. The oscar we had here was going thru a cranky phase...so I never got experience the wet pet phase.

Blub

Hi!

MalachaI has twice as much personality as an Oscar - the only real reason most people keep oscars is their personality - but people don't realise Bettas personality as they live in those tiny cups in the stores, and their claim to fame is they live in 'mud puddles'. (Not...)

sirdarksol

There isn't a "best fish in the world" (though there can be a best fish for each person).
Also, the text-speak is really difficult for us old folks (especially old folks who are writing majors) to read.

Hi!

MalachaI has twice as much personality as an Oscar - the only real reason most people keep oscars is their personality - but people don't realise Bettas personality as they live in those tiny cups in the stores, and their claim to fame is they live in 'mud puddles'. (Not...)

To both of you (and everyone else, for that matter)
"What fish has the most personality?" is a question whose answer is based on the person answering it. Not many people would say that gold barbs have much in the way of personality, but I would. My barb plays with me as I'm changing the water. I don't much like oscars. They don't seem terribly expressive to me. If Neville says that they are expressive, however, then they are, to Neville. And if Hatchet says that Bettas have twice as much personality as Oscars, then they do, to Hatchet.
That's what makes this poll so interesting. Not that it determines what the "best" fish is (there's no such thing). Rather, it shows something about the personalities of the people responding.

Blub
Hi!

I honestly don't like to give up a tank I could use as a planted full of Neons and TA shrimp to an Oscar - despite the personality punch! What really matters to me is if I can turn that fish's tank into a planted tank - if it's yes then I'm over the moon - no then I'll only get over that little rock over there...

Neville
Hey guys, I respect everyone's opinion, I am just a hardcore Oscar fan, that's all! off course everyone has his/her personal choice or favorite fish, I do respect that.

For me it is Oscar, it is the pet I care about not aquarium decor or plants, I just need gravels, heater, filter, lighting, some rocks, driftwoods (may be), and 1 oscar! right now i'm cycling my new 100 gallon tank, it is like taking years to complete the cycle..........I can't wait to buy my new Oscar!I felt exactly the same way when I bought my first guitar and my motorcycle.

OSCARS ROCKO Yeah.............YaHoo!!!!!!!!!

Blub
Hi!

In your oscar tank, keep 3 sponge filters running to help out the main filter and if you need to set up a new aquarium you already have a filter to use!

Sabi
Blub
Hi!

I never knew angels had a personality!? I know about Africans - lol - don't you just love getting about 100 of them to follow your finger in the store?

Allie
Hi!

I never knew angels had a personality!? I know about Africans - lol - don't you just love getting about 100 of them to follow your finger in the store?
Yup my angels are pretty personable too. They are they same way as the africans....follow when hungry. But african cichlids seem to be hungry ALL the time.
I have around 30 africans follow me everyday lol.

Cherrry123
Charlie had a lot of personality when he was alive. Mostly by flaring at his reflection, but I loved to watch him for hours, just seeing him flaring at his reflection. I can understand why people like oscars, I saw a tank full of them and they were really cute! Am I crazy :;? I think so!

Allie
Charlie had a lot of personality when he was alive. Mostly by flaring at his reflection, but I loved to watch him for hours, just seeing him flaring at his reflection. I can understand why people like oscars, I saw a tank full of them and they were really cute! Am I crazy :;? I think so!
They are cute especially when tiny. We had a 2" tiger oscar here who ate the belly out of an arrowna. He was a mean oscar....we sold him and as he got bigger he killed anything that was in the tank with him.

Cherrry123
Woah! Now that is a mean oscar. Aren't arrownas really big?

Allie
Well the grow big...but this guy was only 4"...but he was $60

Neville
No fish can win a fight with oscars, They r the Boss:;pumpkin! arowanas grow more than 2'

Cherrry123
Woah, now that is really big. I plan on getting an oscar when and if I get a big enough tank.

Sabi
Hi!

Angels have a lot of personality. My boys follow me anytime after dark as they know feeding time is near and come to the glass whenever they see me.

Neville
Woah, now that is really big. I plan on getting an oscar when and if I get a big enough tank.

I'm glad to here that, u will just need a 55 gallon for 1 oscar, u will become very attached to them as they live for a long time. They have cool personality, I will get one as soon as the cycling finishes.

Neville
Angels have a lot of personality. My boys follow me anytime after dark as they know feeding time is near and come to the glass whenever they see me.

Angels r cool too, I like their lip-locking behavior! Oscras do that as well.

Cherrry123
Yeah, there are nice 55 gallon kits here for like 130$. Then the stand is just as much. I wouldn't be patient, so I would probley buy bio spira. I really like Oscars because they always look soo sad when you pass them in the store.

Neville
Yeah, there are nice 55 gallon kits here for like 130$. Then the stand is just as much. I wouldn't be patient, so I would probley buy bio spira. I really like Oscars because they always look soo sad when you pass them in the store.

They r amazing fish, they will recognize u whenever u approach the tank with food, they will dance and beg for food! sometimes they even jump out of the water, believe me. they r quite naughty and the most amazing thing is that u can feed them with your own hands!

Allie
Angels r cool too, I like their lip-locking behavior! Oscras do that as well.
Most cichlids do the locking lips. But angels get mean. lol good thing they are pretty.

Cherrry123
They r amazing fish, they will recognize u whenever u approach the tank with food, they will dance and beg for food! sometimes they even jump out of the water, believe me. they r quite naughty and the most amazing thing is that u can feed them with your own hands!

That's cool! The only type of fish that had ever jumped out of it's bowl was a betta. It was before I learned about cycle and everything, I think I won it at the Fair. But anyway, can't oscars bite?

Neville
That's another interesting thing, Oscars have teeth not in their mouth but in their throat! and yes they can bite you so u have to be careful when u feed them with your hands, but once they get used to u they won't bite u. They will also become very tame and will show little fear if you put your hand in the tank, if you are lucky, they may even let you caress and stroke them. It's no wonder people have fallen in love with them. Don't just shove your hand in the tank and expect the Oscar to let you touch it, it won't. You could start by hand feeding your Oscar. Quite often, Oscars are so interested in the food, they will actually barge through your hand to get to it. Once they become accustomed to taking food from your hands, you could try just touching your Oscars head with a finger. Once they get used to this try putting your hand in the water whilst they are feeding and let them brush up against your hand. Once again, don't make any sudden movements, just keep your hands still and they will just get on with things. You could also start petting them whilst you are cleaning the tank. They will often approach you by themselves, just leave your hand in one place and they may just brush past.

Cherrry123
Cool, I saw more at the store, how do I tell if they are dyed? I read that sometimes they are dyed, like other fish.

Neville
You will find purple colored or raspberry colored oscars, these r dyed in most of the cases because these r not natural oscar colors, surely all the colours will run off as soon as they put it back into the water. This is where things get quite horrible. What they do is dip the fish in what can be only described as a sort of acid. The protective membrane is then burnt away and then the dye is literally painted on. They are then treated once again so that the membrane grows back. The problem is, the dye often wears off in time which leaves a dreary looking fish. A horrible disgusting practice that should be phased out.>

Blub
You will find purple colored or raspberry colored oscars, these r dyed in most of the cases because these r not natural oscar colors, surely all the colours will run off as soon as they put it back into the water. This is where things get quite horrible. What they do is dip the fish in what can be only described as a sort of acid. The protective membrane is then burnt away and then the dye is literally painted on. They are then treated once again so that the membrane grows back. The problem is, the dye often wears off in time which leaves a dreary looking fish. A horrible disgusting practice that should be phased out.>
Hi!

Yup!

Cherrry123

Ok, good. I haven't seen any of those, but I did see a white one with maybe a little bit of red on it?, and I wasn't sure if it was dyed or not.

ShaynaB
My bettas have awesome personalities! Gotta love 'em!

Bonochick
Hi!

I never knew angels had a personality!?

They definitely do! My angels are the biggest characters in my tank. If they are at one end of the tank, I'll go stand at the other, and they will zoom towards me. When my boyfriend or I approach the tank, they immediately rise up to the top, looking for something to eat. When we walk away without delivering, they sink down in disappointment...which is why I often can't resist giving them treats. I can't be responsible for breaking their little hearts!!! I've had to cut back a bit though, as they had stopped eating their regular flake food in anticipation of getting treats. After feeding nothing but flake food for a couple days though, they caught on that they better eat that!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Poll
  • kinezumi89
  • Polls
2 3
Replies
Views
3aquariums
  • Poll
  • Bad Wolf
  • Polls
Replies