Fish With The Best Personality!

1. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

In your opinion what fish do you think has the most personality?

I think any large South/Central American cichlid had the most personality.

Let see what everyone else says!!

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Almost any cichlid. Or anything in the betta/ gourami family.

3. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

4. tunafax

tunafax Well Known Member Member

You're right! I'd say parrots, but I may think that because they're always smiling.

Bettas have great personalities too, always lively and interactive.

...and then on the very bottom of the list are fancy goldfish who aren't much more than very food motivated potatoes. And I love them for it, but let's be real.

5. OP
    OP
    Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

I think snails count and any other underwater invert :p

6. LucyC

LucyC Valued Member Member

I'd say bettas. My Betta is just so trainable and interactive, whenever I put my hands in the tank he comes over and swims in my fingers:) I trained him to go wherever I tap the glass, and he seems to like being "petted"

7. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

I'd say loaches - specifically Dojo loaches.
    I have 3 Golden Dojo Loaches ( 2 are Albino )
    My oldest one loves to be petted, makes squeaking noises at the surface of the water when he wants attention ( meaning food! ) and always comes up to my hand and nudges it ( while I am in the tank doing maintenance ) and is just super nosy about anything I am doing.

My newest Dojo loach ( I just got in FEB ) is starting to be more personable as well and does not swim away when I try to pet him. He is soon realizing that I have "food" that I want to give him so he's been very friendly as well.

8. Mike1995

Mike1995 Well Known Member Member

my Midas cichlid. King Midas. He has more personality than any of my fish. He's in a 6 foot 150 gallon and no matter where I go in the room he follows me! And if I don't pay attention to him he'll either splash me of spit rocks at the side of the tank. Or my gourami aquarium. They're always so active. Any with all my fish, livebearers, cichlids, gouramis, goldfish etc they all know me and anytime It's feeding time every one of them flock to the top of the tank :) I love my fish!!

9. dansamy

dansamy Valued Member Member

I have always loved Bettas. Classic introduction to fishkeeping. Mine have always been very entertaining. My new boy I just got has made me a wall of bubble nests all around his tank.

10. LittleMissSaasha

LittleMissSaasha New Member Member

I have found my guppies and BN plecos always to be the friendlist and funniest to watch. My pleco female used to come up to the side of the tank and swish her tail at me. The guppies followed my finger everywhere and would always nibble them. Bettas are also awesome personality fish. :D

11. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

My kuhli loaches have a really playful personality, I have 12 in a 40 gallon breeder. Mine are constantly out twisting around each other, and pretending to be weeds in the plants. They are really fun to watch. On the opposite end of personality I also am enjoying my diamond tetras who are very graceful with the way they swim around, almost regal like, and do have a bit of spunk occasionally.

edit: Oh and since snails are being included, I want to mention I have a chestnut female mystery snail who slides up the glass so fast every time I do a water change. She always manages to get on my hand.

12. #H20Nerd

#H20Nerd Valued Member Member

You guys should check out this vid on you tube called ..my flower horns morning routine ..i would attach it but i cant figure it out ..anyways ive seen a few vids like it. An it makes me soooo jealous.. i want a sweet fishy ..i have over 20 species an 100+ fish but they only love me for my food haha

13. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

Many fish seem to have a lot more personality then was once thought! I know people that will say goldfish, betta, cichlids, and that's just freshwater! IMO, I feel it currently is my hybrid Blood Parrots in my freshwater tank. They constantly watch what we do and if we go near their tank, they are at the front glass....watching. In my reef tank it has to be my clowns although others have been right there with them! :)

14. Mike1995

Mike1995 Well Known Member Member

I saw that video! It's pretty cool. I have a wild caught bluegill with my cichlids and he's always so curious and exploring :)

15. O

Over It Well Known Member Member

Mexcian Dwarf Crayfish, Goldfish, Bettas and Gourami's. I can't pick just one, sorry.

16. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Out of all of mine, a few of my bettas, my rosy red/fathead minnows, and my scooter dragonet are probably the most interactive.

My goldies are fun to feed. Has anyone held an algae pellet in a pond before? It's like a little fish war. XD

And I taught Lotus how to 'go through the hoop' aka my fingers. Ponds rock! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

17. #H20Nerd

#H20Nerd Valued Member Member

My angel parents ..3 diff sets
    Are my oldset fish so they have known me longer ..they are a little curious about me ..an play a little with me ..but as for my others ..im just gonna give them some time to warm up to me haha ..my crystal shrimp on the other hand ..always jump on my hands to give me a little tickle hello as im cleaning or arranging plants .like a way of saying ..thx for stiring up the gunk ..its delicious

18. Fredward

Fredward Valued Member Member

My peacock eel. The species has a reputation for being shy but mine gladly comes to the front to beg for food and gladly eats from my hand and even brushes against me when I'm doing maintenance.

19. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

1. Definitely goldfish
    2. Bettas
    3. Dojo loaches