Fish With Hunched Backs

JulesMontague

I would like to ask for help for one of my friends. She has a 20 gallon tank, properly heated, I don't think she does water tests. A while ago, one of her platys seemed to shrink and it's eyes seemed to get bigger. It's back hunched, and it stayed to the bottom of the tank. It died, but now her golden loach has a hunch.
Most of the information I've seen says to isolate or euthanize the fish, and properly clean the tank and add a medicine.
My question is, is this how to go about it? If so, what is the disease? What kind of medicine should be used?
Thank you to anyone who answers! I never got a picture of the platy, but here is the loach.

1514039249546250951549.jpg

( On a side note, I have an albino Cory I bought with a hunch. How do I know if he's deformed or has a disease? None of my other fish have started getting a hunch ( a raphael catfish and a betta- don't worry, I did my research and am keeping a close eye on them, because I know raphaels are semi-aggressive. ) But my cory is perfectly active, if not too active. I can post a picture when I get home.
Again, thank you! Sorry if anything is weird. First post.

Aqua Hands

one loach? you should have a school of 6+

JulesMontague

one loach? you should have a school of 6+
They are not my fish, but I will let her know ! Thank you!

TexasDomer

Hunchbacks can be caused by a variety of issues, but I would guess it's a water quality issue that is encouraging something bacterial or viral.

Can you list the stocking in your friend's tank, as well as your tank?

How often do each of you do water changes, and how much do you each change?

Can you list your water parameters? pH, temp, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates?

Dojos do not need to be in groups of 6+, a few is fine. And they need a much bigger tank than a 20 gal.

Aqua Hands

Hunchbacks can be caused by a variety of issues, but I would guess it's a water quality issue that is encouraging something bacterial or viral.

Can you list the stocking in your friend's tank, as well as your tank?

How often do each of you do water changes, and how much do you each change?

Can you list your water parameters? pH, temp, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates?

Dojos do not need to be in groups of 6+, a few is fine. And they need a much bigger tank than a 20 gal.
dojos don't need a group of 6+?

TexasDomer

No. Can you answer my other questions?

TexasDomer

Oops, wasn't paying attention. Thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WinterSoldier.
Replies
Views
emeraldking