Fish With Cotton Like Growths - Help Quick! Desperate!

Aricafeesh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi. I have five young angelfish. All of which were seemingly perfectly fine yesterday. I had one rasbora who had become sick a few days ago and I removed it from the tank. It had what appeared to be a cottony like side fin and gills. It later died. Now one of my angels is showing the same sign and I think its probably already too late for it, but what I need help with is that I notice two of my other angels appear to be EXTREMELY bloated although they are behaving normally and don't have the white fungus looking patches. They also have reddened gills. Can anyone help me diagnose this phenomenon or tell me what I can do??? I am in a total panic..

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
White cottony substance is likely a fungus. You should get some meds from the LFS. API fungus cure I think is one of them. The boxes will have labels on what they cure.

Aricafeesh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fashooga said:
White cottony substance is likely a fungus. You should get some meds from the LFS. API fungus cure I think is one of them. The boxes will have labels on what they cure.
okay i have mela fix and pimafix do you think that would help? it didn't seem to for the rasbora. Any ideas about the other fat angels?

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Those bottles are useless. Go to the LFS and find something that will treat the symptoms.

Aricafeesh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fashooga said:
Those bottles are useless. Go to the LFS and find something that will treat the symptoms.
Any suggestions on what specifically to get? Ive been keeping fish for years and seriously have never had this problem.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom