Fish Tycoon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chickadee, Apr 29, 2006.

1. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

I do not know if any of you have Real Arcade on your computers. If so I would like to tell you about a new game release that they put out this last week that may be of interest to fish lovers. It is called Fish Tycoon. It is a Sims game where you set up a tank and breed fish and sell them in your own fish store to make money to do research to develop your own lines of fish and the possibilities are endless. It does cost some money but is free with a sign up for their GamePass as I understand it (one free game) You would have to check out the terms of that and for those under 18 I believe you have to have a parents permission to join.

I have only just tried to get started but am totally addicted so when I am not here or doing my cards or with the fishies I am playing the game. It runs on real-time and is going even when your computer is down unless you shut the timer off so the fish need care and feeding on the same schedule as live ones. It is really something. You can set your tank up as your screensaver.

Rose
    :)

2. MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

Highly addictive! I like these games too unfortunately. :)

I know some tricks to help speed up time in fish tycoon if you're interested.

Here are some other fun ones: https://www.fishlore.com/FunAndGames.htm - I highly recommend insaniquarium. Insaniquarium seems kinda cheesy at first, but once you get used to it I think you'll really like it.

3. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Oh yes don't we know their addictive !! :)
    Carol

4. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Yes, Yes, Yes I' m interested in the time tricks for the Fish Tycoon game. That is really the only thing that makes me batty about the game. It goes too slow with the little fish taking forever to reach the point of growing up and all. If you know how to speed this up any I would love to know how.

Thanks for the link for the other games. I don't know when I will find time to sleep LOL. :p ::) :eek: I love this type of stuff!!!

Rose
    :D

5. ebbandflowValued MemberMember

So... you guys are trying to make it so that I never ever leave the house is that it? :D I see your little game. ;D

6. MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

How to speed up time in Fish Tycoon -

When you're playing the game, press alt + tab to minimize the game. Then go to your clock at the bottom right of your desktop and open your computer clock (double click) increase the time on your computer 1 hour. Press alt + tab to go back to fish tycoon and your fish should have had babies if they were pregnant or grown to adult size in that time period assuming the game is set at 2x speed in the options for the game. If not set at 2x, you may need to bump up your computer clock by 2 hours to get the same results.

7. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

I bellieve I know what game you are talking about, and I love it. It's really fun and addicting. I played it a couple months ago but once my free trial ran out I couldn't play it anymore because it cost 20$ to buy. Isn't there a store where you can buy stuff to speed up the growth of your fish and you can buy other tanks?

Austin

8. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

that's the one!

Thanks so much for the information, Mike. It will make the game much more interesting.

Rose

:)

9. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I don't dare get started on that kind of stuff...I'm already on the computer way too much... :eek:

10. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

oh me too! I actually can't go on the computer except at the library, in the summer....so you guys wont be seeing too much of me til the fall when school starts again :'( :'(

11. MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

ATM - yes, in the game you also have a fish store. The premise is you are trying to breed all these different types of fish and then sell them in your fish store. As you sell fish and accumulate money you can buy tank upgrades and perform research to keep more fragile fish that command higher prices. You beat the game when you uncover the 7 magical breeds. It's a pretty cool game, just wish the game time was a little faster.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice