Fish Turning White Please Help

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Sgo, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Sgo

SgoNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    Just started
    8C8BD180-ED69-4E95-9A9C-1AB1898B1929.5BDE6E0A-8D93-4FE1-9FCB-BEAD5D7CD254. Hello,
    My betta is turning white I’ve already cleaned the tank and gone through Ick treatment. I’m not sure if he is sick. Definitely not as active as usual but I’ve done research and think it might be marbling? I’m not sure it is really strange and has never happened with any other betta I’ve owned.

2. Momgoose56

Momgoose56Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,532
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    How long have you had this betta? Do you have a picture of the betta when you first got it? Can you maybe get a picture in brighter light-like near a window in bright daylight? It's hard to even tell what color he is. Black? Also, have the tips of his fins always been darker or is that new too?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  3. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,071
    Experience:
    2 years
    Yes clearer pics would help. Could it be his coloration changing. It appears there is a bubble nest possibly above his head in the second pic. That usually indicates a " happy comfortable" betta.

4. OP
    OP
    Sgo

SgoNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    Just started
    BD14A1DB-5FB3-42EC-B286-ED1A924CE353.1E64C1BA-2920-4BB0-A6B0-F6240179ED1C. Hi yes his fins have always been dark. He is dark blue/green. I tried to get better pictures but it’s hard with him. I’ve had him for four month. He seemed mopey for a few days I saw white on him so treated him just to be sure. I just want to make sure he is not sick. He seems more active now but seems like he is turning even more white.

5. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,071
    Experience:
    2 years
    I'm no disease pro but it looks like his colorations seeing other areas of his body has somewhat similar colors. Do you know your Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and PH readings? When was your last WC and what size tank is he in? Very nice looking Betta hope it is just his colors they are amazing.

6. OP
    OP
    Sgo

SgoNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    Just started
    I hope so too! When I get home I will try to take better pics. His last water change was a week ago. He does have a very pretty tail. His Name is Goblin and I just want to make sure I don’t need to treat him for something else. Hopefully it is just marbling?

7. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +493
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    I agree, it looks like it's his scales that are white and not anything covering his scales. If that's the case, it's likely it's just a coloration change. If he's behaving normally and acting healthy, I wouldn't be too concerned, just maybe keep an eye on it.

8. OP
    OP
    Sgo

SgoNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    Just started
    5377239E-D313-496A-BEE2-D6280D5754A3. Update on Goblin: he does not seem sick at all his color has now changed to mostly orange

9. OP
    OP
    Sgo

SgoNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    Just started
    69CC9AD3-2626-4B15-95D4-E51E65BB0A2D. These were taken about a week apart one on the left is the most recent

10. Momgoose56

Momgoose56Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,532
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Test your water, Do your weekly water change, and I agree with others, if everything checks out-- water params 0/0/<20, he's eating and acting normal-no worries!

11. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +493
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    I like how clean the white ends, like someone dipped his head in bleach perfectly even.