40 Gallon Tank Fish turning their noses up at NLS after frozen

backflipfronflip
I bought 4 different frozen foods last week at a sale at my LFS, Blood worms, Brine shrimp/spirulina, Tubifex worms, Mysis shrimp.

I fed each of them through last week each day to see what they all thought of them and see which would be their favorites.

After feeding these foods for a little over a week I have gone back to NLS pellets and everyone except the angel is turning their nose up at them. not surprised that the swimming trash can is eating anything he can but I was surprised that the Rainbows and Harlequins did not eat it any more.

I assume that a few days of not eating will bring them back to it but has any one else experienced this?

I am sure that a diet of the above frozen foods will not be bad for them as it is closer to their original diet, just not sure I can afford it.

Advertisement
AlanGreene
Yeah my cardinals didn't for a while, they did eat after about 3 Days, I just siphoned the left overs out till they started eating..

Advertisement
backflipfronflip
I am lucky to have a hungry troop of JuliI Cory in the tank that are not all that fussy, they hoover it all up.

Butterfly
They may not recognize it as food for a few feedings. After all it's different

I personally wouldn't feed just frozen food. They can get constipated eating frozen alone. as a treat 0nce or twice a week it's excellent.

As for it being closer to their original diet (if you're speaking of in the wild) there was plenty of algae an plants to nibble. this would have provided varity to their diet
carol

pirahnah3
I have a couple tanks that can be picky for whatever reason. But other than that I usually don't have a problem. Best trick I have found is fast them for a day or two and then feed and see if they change their mind.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DaniosForever
Replies
Views
NicKtheGreeK
Replies
Views
Kipley
Replies
Views