Fish Turning Pale Help

1. AquaKingg

AquaKingg Member Member

My goldfish is turning pale. My mollies are staying at the bottom of the tank. What’s wrong? I put in Accu-clear and algaefix into my water (with correct dosages) and now my fish are acting weird. Help!

2. Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

Algaefix lowers the oxygen in the water, you need to add extra aeration when dosing it. If you have an airstone use it, if you have a HOB filter lower the water level so there is more surface agitation.

3. OP
    OP
    AquaKingg

AquaKingg Member Member

I tried what you said. Thank you :) they didn’t live though

I lost a goldfish and 2 (about to be 3) mollies

4. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

I just googled it And found several threads of people who had the same problem after using algaefix!!

Sounds Like it is a pretty dangerous product. There are so many other ways to control algae Rather than using chemicals.

Edit....I suggest you do a 100% water change for the sake of the ones who haven't died yet.

5. Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

I'm sorry your fish didn't make it...

In the future, ask the forum for advice on algae, as there are effective chemical-free treatment methods.

I found out about it after a lady I sold some to at our shop called blaming me for killing all her fish! The smaller bottles of the stuff have no warning label either.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted