Fish troubles

xxSTEPHENSxx

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello all! I am having trouble with one of my tiger barbs. I bought them about 3 weeks or so ago. I bought 4 of them which was all they had with intensions of going back to get 2 more. Well I brought them home and everything has been fine until yesterday. The smallest one is having trouble staying upright and hangs out at the top in the corner of the tank. He is swimming around a little today but he is getting stuck to the filter inlet sometimes. He looks weak. I haven't seen him eat in a few days. When I bought them this little guy didn't hang out with the other three... he always stayed alone but active then.

Any ideas? I don't think he will make it another day from the looks of it. :'(

My readings today are 0-0-20. Today is my day to do my water change so I hope that will drop the nitrates a little.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Poor little guy, I'm sorry he's not well.
Since he wasn't hanging with the other barbs at the store, I would guess he already wasn't feeling well.
Sadly, the stress of the move might has been too much for him. Not saying he would have faired any better staying at the store.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm sorry he's sick. Do you have something you can use for a hospital tank? Or maybe a way to divide the tank to give him his own space? Or at least away from the filter intake? I hope the water change makes him feel better.

-Lisa

xxSTEPHENSxx

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm sorry he's sick. Do you have something you can use for a hospital tank? Or maybe a way to divide the tank to give him his own space? Or at least away from the filter intake? I hope the water change makes him feel better.

-Lisa
Well I would have one but my 10gal won't cycle... readings are 8-0-0 and have been that way for 2 months. I am getting a little with it.

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm sorry you're going through this. IMO, maybe you could reduce the chances of him being sucked up the filter intake by covering it with some filter media or a sponge? Then at least you won't have to worry about him getting sucked in. Keep us posted.

xxSTEPHENSxx

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm sorry you're going through this. IMO, maybe you could reduce the chances of him being sucked up the filter intake by covering it with some filter media or a sponge? Then at least you won't have to worry about him getting sucked in. Keep us posted.
I had a few dead leaves from some plants that I covered it with. Thanks for the idea! I will keep yall posted.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom